Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boopy

How long do we have?

Guest Boopy

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking to migrate on a 475 visa to South Australia.

If/when we are granted it, how long do we have until we have to emigrate?

If we are granted this year, say August, would it be okay for us to go August 2010 and work for the 2 years and still be eligible for application for PR?

Thanks

Guest Libby1971

There are so many things to say on this but in short, in order to get a full range of options and to have a full picture of your circumstances, ask an agent, many of whom will offer an initial chat free.

Guest soggy
    Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking to migrate on a 475 visa to South Australia.

If/when we are granted it, how long do we have until we have to emigrate?

If we are granted this year, say August, would it be okay for us to go August 2010 and work for the 2 years and still be eligible for application for PR?

Thanks

I don't think you could wait this long to make the move, you will only have one year from the date of your medicals or police checks (which ever is earliar) to enter the Australia, you will be given the date you have to enter Australia when you get your visa and for a 475 it is not likely to be changed. We got our visas early December and had to enter Aus by mid May.

If you want as much time as possible after your visas are issued wait until you are asked for police checks and medicals, it may delay your visa for a few weeks but will give you as much time as possible to make the move.

Having said all that my info may be out of date by now as things change a lot a chat with an agent may not be a bad idea:):).

Simon

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi Bobby...

Usually you have 12 months to move out there once your visa is granted..

Guest Snape Family

Hi

We have a 475 and it was granted in Oct 08, however it was only valid until Jan 09, so we decided to activate late Oct/Nov 08. The clock is now ticking as once it is activated we have 3 years to enter the country, live there for 2 years and whilst there, work 1 year. In a nutshell we need to be there by Oct 09 at the latest to fulfill the 2 year residency and 1 year working requirement.

Incidentally the short window was because our police checks would have been 12 months old by Jan 09, this was our fault as we were over exhuberant and should have waited.

I hope this helps.

Tracey

Guest karyn1

We have just signed with agent and they tell us our 176 visa could be through by March 2110....scarey! Help!

Guest The Dimmocks
    We have just signed with agent and they tell us our 176 visa could be through by March 2110....scarey! Help!

Hi

We going on a 176 visa, just applied for state sponsorship, waiting to see if we got it. I hope you mean 2010, as don't think many of us will be around in 2110. LOL

Good luck with your applications. So looking forward to the day we get our visa.

Guest stufi1997

:biglaugh:That's quite a drastic change in the age requirement.....surprised we didn't hear about it!!:biglaugh: