Seaford Rise? Opinions on this area for families please!

Guest sutty77

Guest sutty77

Hello

Been looking at Seaford Rise. Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this area.

We are coming to Adelaide in september and have 3 daughters aged 12, 10 and 1.

Any advice on schooling etc would be great.

Hi there,

It's quite difficult as everyone has different needs...jobs, travel, transport etc.

Seaford Rise is great. We have friends who are presently having a home built there. With the growth outwards of the city and the release of land there are lots of new housing areas being developed.

Seaford has great beaches. The shopping centre is small but we use it because it has everything you need. The end of the railway line is at Noarlunga which is 4 or 5 km away but the cash for extending the line has just been approved so there's a rail link in the next few years that will service the area. Southlink bus service already run busses on expanded timetables so that's ok.

I would say don't jump in to long term plans....get here...drive around...don't worry about kids in school for a while. You may like other areas closer to the city.

Bottom line though...nothing wrong with Seaford!

Guest KP Nuts

Hi there, we are in Seaford Rise, and it's great for us, beach is 3 minutes away in the car, shopping centre is good, everything you would need for the weekly shop. My kids are 15, and twins are 12 and they all go to Seaford 6-12, which some people would tell you to stay away from, but so far I haven't had any problems with the school. I'm also on the Governing Council there and it seems very well run. There are other school's in the area.

But each to their own, come and check it out first before you make any decisions.

Good luck.