Guest sutty77

Who to fly with?? Best airlines??

Guest sutty77

Hi

We are looking at flying to Adelaide in September from London Heathrow.

We have 3 daughters aged 12, 10 and 1. Can anyone recommend a airline to use from there own personal experiences - especially with a 1 year old in tow. (will be 2 in october).

Have been looking at singapore airlines, but just wondered if there where any others that anyone can reccommend.

Thanks, Mandy

Singapore seems to be the best.

There's quite a price war on at the moment and it you don't mind a longer stop over then Cathay Pacific are really cheap.

I have flown Malaysian, SAA, Qantas, Emirates and Singapore! and I preferred the Singapore flight the most (best leg room, service and comfort).

Tamara

Guest Nicky&Andy

we flew with sinapore airlines from heathrow, thought they were brilliant, couldnt fault them ,havnt flown with any other air line though,so cant compare.

Guest Guest75

My vote is for Singapore.

Flown with them many times and tried other but back to Singapore Airlines every time for us.

The stop off at Changi Airport can be a pleasant diversion.

If having a long wait for the connecting flight book some time in one of the Transit Hotels inside the airport.

I've an 18 hour wait on my return s0 booked 12 hours in a Day room.

Look out for bargains,we did :jiggy:

Guest kangomik

Singapore for me, they were great with the kids. Some cheap delas around but we always book direct with sigapore airlines, you can sort your seats etc online.

You will be commin good the A380 to so should be a good experience. and then the new plane from sing to Adl (a320?)

Someone spotted BA and quantas doing returns for under £500, so if it comes down to pennys then you could save a few by using them.

Guest Jo&Phil

ISingapore Airlines (seemingly everyone's favourite) fly LHR-Singapore-Adelaide and the journey time is pretty good as the Singapore-Adelaide bit is around 7 hours. Alternative airlines who arrive ex-overseas into Adelaide are Cathay (London-Hong Kong-Adelaide) but the HK leg is l-o-n-g or Malaysian (London-Kuala Lumper-Adelaide).

If Adelaide is your first port of entry into Oz you do all the immigration and customs stuff here rather than doing it in Sydney and Melbourne (which can take a while) and panicking about making your onward connection.

Personally I don't like the route over Hong Kong because it takes ages and the HK airport isn't nearly as nice as Singapore which is quite a pleasure to spend time in if you have to.

Guest Andrew&Ren

Singapore Airlines were fab! We didnt travel with children but there were plenty on the flight and all seemed pretty well looked after. The cabin crew were so helpful. We looked at other airlines but everyone on here seemed to rate S'pore airlines the highest and you get double baggage allowance with them too.