Arrested for affair.

Guest cjdelphi

Guest cjdelphi

Now i've calmed down a bit a British woman has been arrested for having an affair :chatterbox:

article-1187573-0516E21F000005DC-228_233x423.jpg

British woman arrested for adultery in Dubai after husband informed police of her affair

They launched a 2am raid, catching Ms Antia leaving from the £477-a-night Radisson Dubai Deira Creek hotel with her lover , the Sun reported.

She confessed to adultery, and was being held in custody last night facing a year in jail and deportation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1187573/British-woman-arrested-adultery-Dubai-husband-informed-police-affair.html

The husband is wrong he should have dealt with this differently ok i understand he's mad and upset but putting your children's mother in prison is just wrong....

Guest Django
While it may seem wrong to you, British or not. When you live in another country you have to abide by their rules. Adapt to that country not the country change to suit you.

Spot on. :notworthy:

Guest cjdelphi

Righttttttttttttt.

In the UK or many other countries an affair is pefectly legal (it might be wrong) but still totally legal, smoking pot in the UK is however illegal but how many people smoke pot for personal use? how many people download copyrighted content from the internet and break the law.

Morally this is wrong they're both british.

Righttttttttttttt.

In the UK or many other countries an affair is pefectly legal (it might be wrong) but still totally legal, smoking pot in the UK is however illegal but how many people smoke pot for personal use? how many people download copyrighted content from the internet and break the law.

In some countries they have death penalties, some they dont, in some countries they cut of hands for things like petty theft. Its the rules of that country and despite the fact that to other countries it is "morally wrong" im afraid you have to abide by them rules if you wish to be there.

just my opinion.

Guest Trakki
Righttttttttttttt.

But the woman in question had been living there for 12 years so should have known the rules and therefore she should have flown to england rather than fly the man there if she was really in need so much. SHe did the crime. Doesn't matter that she is british she is living in the country so therefore must stick to their rules. I could understand it if she was on holiday and and didn't necessarily know this rule but she has no excuse. There is no excuse for adultary anyway.

Guest cjdelphi

So where does the madness stop? let's suppose a woman is having an affair in the UK and decides to go on holiday while on holiday the police find out she had an affair in the UK?... then what? she then going to be arrested?

Guest guest569

don't panic .... You know the do gooder brigade will get her out asap and she back in britain soon selling her story to the news of the world !!!!:realmad:

Guest Trakki
So where does the madness stop? let's suppose a woman is having an affair in the UK and decides to go on holiday while on holiday the police find out she had an affair in the UK?... then what? she then going to be arrested?

Now you are just being pedantic. If the affair is in England then it is in England, if it is in Dubai then it is in Dubai and should be punished, are you saying that having an affair is ok? In my eyes any affair is wrong. I do think it is a bit harsh being put away for it but THOSE ARE THE RULES IN DUBAI!! Don't see what the problem is.:P

I think Trakki said it perfectly:notworthy:

Put another way in Germany the speed limit on certain roads is higher (sorry dont know exact) so if a German came to Aus is he allowed to drive at say 140km/s an hour because in Germany he can?

Guest Django

What has being British got to do with anything???? So what you are saying is that if you are British you don't have to abide by the the laws of the country you are visiting/living in ?????

In the news here an aussie woman was imprisoned when she took a beer mat as a momento. In her eyes there was nothing wrong her actions but in the eyes of the people of the country she was visiting it was theft end of. When you go abroad find out what the laws are and make sure you don't break them. ;)

Guest Django
if you travel on the autobauhn in germany at 150 mph, can you travel at the same speed in australia?

Only if you go by the username 'Duncan Clan' :biglaugh:

Guest Jo&Phil

Putting aside the legality or otherwise of unmarried relationships in Dubai (and I have a few friends who have co-habited prior to marriage there and had the authorities turn a blind eye to it) ........ the question that popped into my mind was:

What was the not-yet-ex husband hoping to achieve by informing the police of the situation?

Hmmmn! As you all know i am loath to enter such controvesial debates...:biglaugh:, however........................

She broke the rules...............and she must have been aware that arabic law is not very female friendly! And befor anyone jumps down my throat..........it is a statement of fact rather than a judgement!

The husband used this system to exact revenge, and we all love a little retribution dont we?

He has acted in cold blood................rather than give her a good slap, and her lover a beating, and given himself a bit of dignity.He probably had some information about the affair and was able to plan effective measures.

I for one dont think i could be quite so calm about being cheated on............i would want his dangly bits for earrings; and himself would be just as outraged.

I really dont want to be judge, jury and stoning official here, i am in no position to hold the moral high ground over anyone; but i think she got exactly what was coming, and her stupidity leaves me speechless!

Your origins are begger all to do with this, and it serves as a reminder that rules is rules, wherever you are.....................

Guest Libby1971

Not so much Arabic law, as culture, is responsible for perhaps what could be seen as less female tolerance. Dubai is promoted as a relaxed holiday destination. And yes, it certainly has a bit of glitz. However, you must remember the laws state, and this is religious law which is also the law of the land, no adultery. Dubai is surrounded by other countries which have expressed a concern about the looseness of behaviour in Dubai. There are also different Sheiks who rule...what one Sheik thinks is acceptable, the next may not.

Morally this may be wrong. However it is not wrong legally, and certainly not in the eyes of that country. In the UK, adultery is still grounds for divorce and so is against the institution of marriage. And legally you can go to prison indefintely for setting fire to a church.

I have no confess to not quite understanding what all the fuss is about. Yes the wronged hubbie could have gone about things differently but who is to say what is wrong or right. What would have been the most correct course of action for him to follow? Bearing in mind human nature, distress, wronged partner, etc...

The fact remains that Adultery is against the LAW in the Arab states. Not moral judgement, but LAW of the STATE.

The UK uses adultery for divorce purposes, but until about the 1950's even there adultery was used in favour of the Husband, and women couldnt cite it as a reason to divorce a man!!

This woman has commited a crime, as has her lover, according to the state.............that is why they are in custody.

The estranged husband................let's be clear that this marriage was effectively over, has used this advantage to the fullest.

It is a calculated act of retribution, and one i suspect many would take advantage of if we had the chance; so much better than sewing prawns into the curtain hem; cutting one arm of his best suit, or sending intimate photos via text message to all on your contacts list!!!

I dont condone either of the actions.........................and i pity the poor children in the middle of this.

Bored now with this....................................

Guest cjdelphi

not one of you mentioned the children (with exception to scousemouse) you should be ashamed of yourselves... you have no regard for the children, if no children were involved then yeah (morally wrong) but i'd have no issue with him going to the police, but to have your own CHILDREN'S MOTHER locked up for anything up to a year.... that's not justified simply because they both are British, if both of them decided to renounce their citizenship and live there again that would be different..

If my wife had an affair I'd resolve it and if one of them was to leave her then fine but I'd not go to the police to see my daughter without a mother over something that would not could not happen in the UK.

You obviously don't care about the welfair of children who are involved in messes like this.