Cannons

Hi Everyone

We have been browsing this site (on a daily basis!) for a while now and everyone seems so friendly and helpful so thought we would say hi.

We have had our house on the market for about 10 weeks now and although we have had a steady stream of people through the door as yet no offer :(.

My husband is an Electrician so is busy filling out his ARTC application :wacko: so we can get things moving before we get to Adelaide. What is the work situation like for Electricians at the moment ?

Apart from have the odd wobble - will we settle, make friends, find work, miss friends back home, we are desperate to get over there and start our new life.

I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions (that have probably already been asked and answered :v_SPIN:).

Bye for now :notworthy:

We have been browsing this site (on a daily basis!) for a while now and everyone seems so friendly and helpful so thought we would say hi.

We have had our house on the market for about 10 weeks now and although we have had a steady stream of people through the door as yet no offer :(.

My husband is an Electrician so is busy filling out his ARTC application :wacko: so we can get things moving before we get to Adelaide. What is the work situation like for Electricians at the moment ?

Apart from have the odd wobble - will we settle, make friends, find work, miss friends back home, we are desperate to get over there and start our new life.

I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions (that have probably already been asked and answered :v_SPIN:).

Bye for now :notworthy:

Hi guys, i came here as a toolmaker but work has gone pretty quiet, so i am now at Bunnings Warehouse ( Aus BnQ ) and luvvin it stress free, and lots o characters at work and some even better customers to serve.

My mate is a sparkie drop him a PM he goes by the name of Too Easy on here.

Just ask away mate, you will always get an answer, the answer may not be what you want soemtimes lol.....but you will get one.

Enjoy see you on the brightside soon.

HG

Hi HG

Think my OH would love work in Bunnings as he's never out of B and Q here.

I've seen quite a few posts by Too Easy and was hoping to pick his brains if we get stuck with ARTC.

Hopefully be with you in the not to distant future. :cute:

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA.

When you get here look for any job if you can't find work in your chosen fields. Get that first job and other doors will open up. Adelaide, so I have found, is a not 'what you know' place but 'who you know'.

Will you make friends? Definately.

Will you find work? Yes if you are prepared to do anything to start off with.

Will you miss people back home? Almost certainly. At these times you have to remind yourself of why you made the move.

Will you settle? If you arrive with an open mind and not expect anything then there is no reason why not.

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you so much for post.

Definately prepared to do anything for work (within reason :D).

Cannon family

Hi Pete,

Thank you so much for post.

Definately prepared to do anything for work (within reason :D).

Cannon family

Thats the sort of attitude you need to make it a success here....once you have some sort of money coming in it certainly makes life a lil bit easier...and then things start to happen.;)

You will do good, and there is always this place to vent and ask for advice....:realmad:

Guest mOZzy

hi and welcome to pia :wubclub:

i see the guys started you off already ;)

re the artc: you are aware that you'll need an oz address for it being sent to in the end?

i've just got everything together and certified for my dh's - i just need to doublecheck everything before i send it off

and good luck with your house sale!!!!

Hi mOZzy

I had heard that you need an Oz address, unfortunately we don't know anyone in Oz, don't know if anyone on this site would be prepared to help us out there:wubclub:.

I'm away on a trip with the kids all day on Saturday so OH will get peace to hopefully get his ARTC application finished.

Thanks for your reply.