Guest Lulujim

Uk car Seat - FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Lulujim

hi - We brought over a UK car seat for our one year old on the flight... we have replaced it with an Australian style one now.

Just wondered if anyone returning to the UK would like it - for free!! :)

PM for details etc....

Thanks,

Alexis

Can I use a restraint from overseas?

Only restraints that meet the Australian Standard for child restraints can be used legally in Australia. It is also illegal to sell or hire restraints that do not meet at least the 1991 version of this standard. Australian Standard restraints can be identified in two major ways. Firstly they all fasten to the vehicle not only by means of the seat belt, but also by means of a tether strap that is attached to an anchor fitting bolted into and anchorage point in the vehicle. Secondly they carry an Australian Standards Mark sticker marked AS 1754. This sticker is a guarantee that the product will provide the best protection possible from injury in a crash if it is correctly installed and used.

Guest the4hopes

Only restraints that meet the Australian Standard for child restraints can be used legally in Australia. It is also illegal to sell or hire restraints that do not meet at least the 1991 version of this standard. Australian Standard restraints can be identified in two major ways. Firstly they all fasten to the vehicle not only by means of the seat belt, but also by means of a tether strap that is attached to an anchor fitting bolted into and anchorage point in the vehicle. Secondly they carry an Australian Standards Mark sticker marked AS 1754. This sticker is a guarantee that the product will provide the best protection possible from injury in a crash if it is correctly installed and used.

I look after a friends baby, so can I have a car seat that I can put in when I need to without other fixings? He is 7 months.

Guest Lulujim

Thanks for the info - but as said we aren't using it in Australia, that's why we're offering it to people going back to the UK and have bought 2 new car seats from K-Mart for our children. Please re-read the post.

Guest Lulujim
    what weight does it go up to? might come in handy for alex x

Hi Clare, It's a Britax dark grey/black forward-facing one they use until in a booster. It was new for Maggie, so not too old and in perfect condition. You're more than welcome to have and stick it in your container if you're interested! :) Maybe we could combine a playdate in for the monkeys too? x

Guest Lulujim
    I look after a friends baby, so can I have a car seat that I can put in when I need to without other fixings? He is 7 months.

I'm not sure, I have heard mixed things, but don't think they're legal in Australia and they invalidate your insurance if you have one and make a claim....:wacko: