Guest Robarts Family

State Sponsorship Help!

Guest Robarts Family

Hi All,

This is my first time on this site, so very new to this. Please bear with me. I am applying for state sponsorship and currently in the process of researching SA.

I am extremly concerned with how in depth am I supposed to go, re: my job as an office manager, housing, childcare the lifestyle etc etc. The research could be never ending and I am just unsure how much I am supposed to do. Do I just research off the web looking at Adelaide, or should I go deeper?

I have applied for my skills assessment and am waiting to hear back but in the meantime researching SA and the points above.

If anyone could possibly give advise/help I would really really appreciate it. Anything is welcome.

Help!

Thanks ever so much.

x

Guest SA Great
    Hi All,

This is my first time on this site, so very new to this. Please bear with me. I am applying for state sponsorship and currently in the process of researching SA.

I am extremly concerned with how in depth am I supposed to go, re: my job as an office manager, housing, childcare the lifestyle etc etc. The research could be never ending and I am just unsure how much I am supposed to do. Do I just research off the web looking at Adelaide, or should I go deeper?

I have applied for my skills assessment and am waiting to hear back but in the meantime researching SA and the points above.

If anyone could possibly give advise/help I would really really appreciate it. Anything is welcome.

Help!

Thanks ever so much.

x

You just have to think what is important to you. That is the big question. Adelaide ticks most of our boxes (but not all). The things I don't like are the cold winters and a lot of bands and sporting events bypass us (eg Coldplay, Keane etc) but the average working man (or woman!) can lead a good life here and you don't have to be a millionaire. We didn't do a reccie to Adelaide but just found out as much as possible (in the days before the internet). If you can afford to come over then do it!!!

Hi and welcome to PIA.

I did all my research on the web. Just do a google search on South Australia and it will tell you all you need to know about the demographics, industries, climate, culture, etc.

I also mentioned my job prospects in relation to the local newspaper's job section and the online recruitment agencies. It is also helpful to metion that you have registered with an agency and had positive feedback. I also said that my job skills were transferable to a number of other professions and gave examples.

I also spoke about my wife and children and the benefits they could bring to SA, with mention of my wife's job skills and my childrens academic achievements to date and their future aspirations.

Lastly I remember that I described where I currently lived and the similarities between the two places.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Howard.