Off road motorbike riding???

samum

Guest jimmyspromow

Hello

I have just purchased myself a Honda CRF250R off roader and i am planning to head off to Gawler this Sun with a couple of mates for a bit of fun , nothing to serious as i have never ridden of road . Tell him to give me a shout if he wants to join us .

Cheers , Jimmy

Guest kangomik

Tea tree gully has a MX track www.ttgmx.com , theres one at Murray bridge too next to the Kart track at Monarto. There's one at the side of Port Express way just the other side of Wingfield.

I have been told the motor parks may open up again, just above St Kilda, off port wake field road

As for off road trail i haven't a clue, but am interested to find places to ride.

I have a KLX 450R '08, which has way more power than my old overweight body can handle!

Hey nuno,

I ride with Ariel MCC, it's the oldest bike club in SA and from the first moment i turned up to one of their rides i was made welcome. It's a very friendly club, most of the private property rides featuring riders and their entire families camping for the weekends, kids on quads and mini bikes, everyone hanging out by the campfire with large quantities of the local grape juice consumed ;-)

The hardest part of riding in SA is probably finding somewhere to ride, just like the UK. This club has access to quite a few private properties, some over 6000 acres. It's mostly single track riding (tight twisty tracks through the Mallee scrub) and the rides range from 2 or 3 guys right upto 50 (the Mallee masters 2 day competitive trailride at the end of june).

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how or what you ride, fast or slow, road reg'd or not (i would recommend a reg'd bike though as it means more options for places to ride).

Here's the link to the club forums, http://arielmcc.freeforums.org/ , you'll need to register to view them but it's just a matter of the admin ok'ing you.

cheers

Jamie

KTM 200 EXC

Hey nuno,

I ride with Ariel MCC, it's the oldest bike club in SA and from the first moment i turned up to one of their rides i was made welcome. It's a very friendly club, most of the private property rides featuring riders and their entire families camping for the weekends, kids on quads and mini bikes, everyone hanging out by the campfire with large quantities of the local grape juice consumed ;-)

The hardest part of riding in SA is probably finding somewhere to ride, just like the UK. This club has access to quite a few private properties, some over 6000 acres. It's mostly single track riding (tight twisty tracks through the Mallee scrub) and the rides range from 2 or 3 guys right upto 50 (the Mallee masters 2 day competitive trailride at the end of june).

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how or what you ride, fast or slow, road reg'd or not (i would recommend a reg'd bike though as it means more options for places to ride).

Here's the link to the club forums, http://arielmcc.freeforums.org/ , you'll need to register to view them but it's just a matter of the admin ok'ing you.

cheers

Jamie

KTM 200 EXC

HI Jammie,

I had a look at the web site, looks great, however there are no contact details. Do you have a phone number of someone i can contact. Please email to goncalvesne@gmail.com.

Looking forward to maybe riding with you all.

Cheers

Nuno

Hi Nuno,

There's a link to register on the forum link i sent you. Registering means one of the moderators will check you're a real person and not a spam bot and email you back after OK'ing your registration. The best way to find out about the club is to get on the forums and check out the posts and maybe lurk for a while. If you want to post straight away that's cool, you'll get loads of replies but best to read lots of posts and the FAQ to get a real feel for the club. Although there's a yearly membership fee ($40) it really only covers the costs of maintaining the club shack on the Murray. It's cool just to come along to some of the rides before you decide if you'd like to join the club. Like i said this is a very friendly club, it's all about the riding and the camaraderie.

I'll PM you my moby and we'll have a chat.

cheers

Jamie

Guest kangomik

i had a moment where i may have swapped the klx for one (moto version)...... i broke a rib on the KLX at TTG..... i have always ridden a road bike, the klx only has 500 kliks from new since christmas but her who must be obeyed aint keen on me having a road bike again...... something about kangaroos and roads............. but then she is often complaining that she never see's the creatures in the wild.

to be honest ive had a few near misses on main north road due to crap aussie drivers but i save most of my dangerous riding to out in the hills riding to rocking horse or other roads up there...live you child in you go for a test drive on one bet you will love it.

only thing i dont like about the XT is its only got 5 gears top speed 130kph but changing the rear cog will get the top end up a bit but you lose pull away speed, like i said its perfect for hill riding..i think there is a motord group near murray bridge and ive seen a few motards around adelaide

alex

Guest kangomik

the klx only has 5, but is faster than 130, she will do that over dirt!

I grew up on motocross, but spent the last few years on Sports tourers. Last ZZR had been known to bend a needle at ober 180MPH.

It's a different ball game riding on the road here, cars move into the smallest gaps, and have no time for bikes.

I like the hills though, look at trough of bowland to devils bridge, round Rivington Barn, A59 across the counties and even Old nells in the UK, frankly they don't have the sudden impact of whats in the hills here. Not IOM flatout standard, but very technical and smile giving.