Guest The Shepherds

Visa lodged and waiting....but for how long?

Guest The Shepherds

We lodged our visa application in March 2009:jiggy: and were told we probably won't hear anything til the end of June. :confused: So 4 months wait to get a case officer... and then what? Does anyone know how fast/slow the rest might take? Will it speed up once we have a case officer? Should we get medicals and police checks moving ....? Our agent (The Emigaration Group) have said don't do a thing until the case officer makes contact.

I don't know whether I should start making plans, forget about Adelaide for a while or what? We're a bit too scared to think forwards but every now and then I have a panic and think...Oh what if we're not ready? Can you make too many plans?

So, for the moment we are in the land of limbo - It's awful..... :wacko:

Is there anyone out there with words of wisdom or even anyone in the same boat. Please make contact - we're going mad with waiting and it's only been 2 months so far...

from

Kim

We lodged our visa application in March 2009:jiggy: and were told we probably won't hear anything til the end of June. :confused: So 4 months wait to get a case officer... and then what? Does anyone know how fast/slow the rest might take? Will it speed up once we have a case officer? Should we get medicals and police checks moving ....? Our agent (The Emigaration Group) have said don't do a thing until the case officer makes contact.

I don't know whether I should start making plans, forget about Adelaide for a while or what? We're a bit too scared to think forwards but every now and then I have a panic and think...Oh what if we're not ready? Can you make too many plans?

So, for the moment we are in the land of limbo - It's awful..... :wacko:

Is there anyone out there with words of wisdom or even anyone in the same boat. Please make contact - we're going mad with waiting and it's only been 2 months so far...

from

Kim

What visa have you applied for, ar you on the csl, or the modl.

If at best you are on the csl and going for a 175 just to let you know they are now dealing with november 2008 applications...so you are looking at 6 months at least till they process your app, if this is the visa you are going for. Hope this helps :)

Guest The Shepherds

Hi

Yes I think it is a 175 - skilled, sponsored (parent) not the most wanted so I know it could be slow...

thanks for your reply. Are we looking at 6 months from now? or March?

from Kim

Hi

Yes I think it is a 175 - skilled, sponsored (parent) not the most wanted so I know it could be slow...

thanks for your reply. Are we looking at 6 months from now? or March?

from Kim

You think??? im not trying to be funny here but your request dosent seem credible..you have applied for a visa that you dont really know what it is ??? :unsure:

However yes 6 months i estimate, mine lodged in nov...processed in may!!!!

Guest The Shepherds

I'm not sure of the actual wording because I didn't do the paperwork - The Emigration Group did it all. They told us which visa we had to apply for we just sent the paperwork off - does that make sense?