Guest Taylors08

Medicals for children not migrating.

Guest Taylors08

Can anyone help, We have got a C/O and they have requested that My OH 2 children thats arent coming have medicals. The only thing is that he doesnt see them and hasn't for years, there mam is a nutcase and there would be noway she would let them have them, or do anything to help us. She also doesnt know about us going to Oz.

Is there anyway round this??

Kelly

Guest D&LA

Hi Kelly

We are in a similar situation and have been advised the whole way along the process that not getting medicals shouldn't be a problem. We were advised to write a letter explaining the situation and to get a lawyers letter from my hubbies lawyer who dealt with the divorce to back up that he was not in contact with his children and that his ex would never allow this to happen given the acrimonious split. This was sent last year and we have since not been asked for the kids medicals again, (we delayed our own medicals and visa due to my pregnancy) and expect to get the visa within the next few weeks.

Good luck with everything

Leigh-Anne

Guest karyn1

Hi,

We are in the same boat. My husbands son from previous marriage who now lives in USA has to have a medical aswell. The way they see it is that if anything happened to his mother, then father is next of kin, and we would be responsible for him. If you can prove that you have had no contact and that you have tried, they should let it go.

Guest Taylors08
    Hi Kelly

We are in a similar situation and have been advised the whole way along the process that not getting medicals shouldn't be a problem. We were advised to write a letter explaining the situation and to get a lawyers letter from my hubbies lawyer who dealt with the divorce to back up that he was not in contact with his children and that his ex would never allow this to happen given the acrimonious split. This was sent last year and we have since not been asked for the kids medicals again, (we delayed our own medicals and visa due to my pregnancy) and expect to get the visa within the next few weeks.

Good luck with everything

Leigh-Anne

Hi Leigh-Anne

Have you noticed on your status page that everythnig has changed to met regarding the children? I sent a letter explaining the reasons why he couldnt get this done and how long it has been since he seen her, and i got a Justice of the Peace to witness it. I only emailed in yesterday so im on tender hooks waiting to see the response we get.

Good luck with the Visa, fingers crossed its soon.

Thank you.

Kelly x

Guest bubble

Guys,

Am in a similar situation, my 17 year old kid from a previous rleatoinship has lived with her mother & step Dad for the past 15 years and the mother has custody. I have lost contact with them as the husband is said to be furious if i call. Even if i knew where there are, chances of getting my daughter to do medical are very very slim.

I got a SA SS so looking forward to relocating to Adelide before end of this year. I am already in Australia on 457 Visa.

Guest Taylors08

Hi Bubble,

SO havent you had to get them to do medicals? I still havent heard if our letter was good enough yet. They love to keep you hanging on, not knowing!!!

Good luck with the visa

Kelly

Guest bubble

I did medicals for my wife & 2 kids (all in Australia) and the online status read received. But the issue of non migrating daughter still remains.

Hi

We are in similar situation. Sam is 18 in September and is going to have his medical next Thursday after much persuarion and dodging. Some days he says he is coming and others he says he is not. If he doesn't come with us he is supposed to be staying at his mum's if she doesn't change her mind. (He's not lived with her for five years). The only way I know around it with children that you do not have any contact with is when you fill in the forms re other family members, not to put them on the list. I know this sounds a bit sneaky but that was what a friend of ours was advised to do re his daughter because then they do not know they are dependents.

Niki

Guest D&LA
    Hi Leigh-Anne

Have you noticed on your status page that everythnig has changed to met regarding the children? I sent a letter explaining the reasons why he couldnt get this done and how long it has been since he seen her, and i got a Justice of the Peace to witness it. I only emailed in yesterday so im on tender hooks waiting to see the response we get.

Good luck with the Visa, fingers crossed its soon.

Thank you.

Kelly x

Hi Kelly

I didn't know that we could access the online database since our agent was dealing with things for us. Since your post I have checked and everything for medicals is marked met, although no specific mention of the kids. Will let you know when we hear anything else.

Leigh-Anne

Guest Taylors08
    Hi Kelly

I didn't know that we could access the online database since our agent was dealing with things for us. Since your post I have checked and everything for medicals is marked met, although no specific mention of the kids. Will let you know when we hear anything else.

Leigh-Anne

Good Luck Leigh-Anne my fingers are crossed for you!!

The waiting is such a pain, i'm checking ours all the time and sooo disappointed when nothings changed.

Kelly x

Guest bubble

Hi,

How did you solve the issue of medicals for non migrating children

Guest Taylors08
    Hi,

How did you solve the issue of medicals for non migrating children

We are still trying to sort it out now, I wrote a statatory declaration and got a justice of the peace to sign it, butthat wasnt good enough.

So now we went to a solicitors and got them to type up a stat dec stating how long its being since he seen them, and that we will nto be taking them to oz to join us.

I scanned it in and sent it off to them on the 25th june, still waiting to hear and i have emailed them today, so fingers crossed thats enough..

Are you in the same boat? of not seeing them??

Kelly

Guest Squeezle

Hi all, I have never been so pleased to see a thread ( I know that sounds strange)

We are still trying to sort our State Sponsorship out so may not even get to the point of needing medicals!, but my husband has two boys 14 and 16 from his first marriage which ended very badly, and there is no way in hell his ex will let us take them for a medicals, we have not been able to see them since Dec!

If she knew we were even trying to leave the UK he would be back in court for something.... god knows what but she would find a way to put a spanner in!:arghh:

You some times sit with your head in your hands thinking how on earth short of kidnap do we sort this out! I believe you need to take in the childrens passports with you when you go for the medical, something else which we dont have access to, so there is another obsticle.

Any way we will face it when we get a CO, and we will watch this thread develop with interest.

Neil and Pauline

Vetassess passed Feb 09

ILETS passed Feb 09

Visa GSM 176 applied for March 09

Guest bubble

Hi,

Just did my Stat Dec and sent it to immigration today.

And now i wait.

Guest Squeezle

Hi,

What did you say in your declaration who did you get to sign it? Think this might be something we have to do.

Thanks

Guest Taylors08

Good Luck... We had an email yesterday sayin they received ours on the 26th June and is awaiting for the Case Officer to go over it. Whenever that may be!!

Well fingers crossed for us both..

x

Guest katsmajic

Hi, we've been through this and come through the other side.

We did a Stat Dec at a solicitors just explaining/stating the situation - we hadnt seen oh lil boy for a couple of years and his ex kept moving/no idea where they lived etc.

Ironically just before we moved we managed to make contact and see his lil boy which made the move 100x's harder.

Good luck, its not as big a hurdle as you may think xxx

Guest bubble
    Hi, we've been through this and come through the other side.

We did a Stat Dec at a solicitors just explaining/stating the situation - we hadnt seen oh lil boy for a couple of years and his ex kept moving/no idea where they lived etc.

Ironically just before we moved we managed to make contact and see his lil boy which made the move 100x's harder.

Good luck, its not as big a hurdle as you may think xxx

Are you saying Stat Dec did the trick? I mean accepted and no further infomation.