Guest lindsna

Where's the best place to live for students?

Guest lindsna

I will go to Adelaide for my graduate study next month so I start looking for a place to stay. Where is the best place to live in Adelaide? I would take account of the safty, the quiet environment and convinient trasportation. Any recommendation?

Guest lindsna

Univ. of Adelaide, North Terrace.

Is it a good idea to live 10 km away from the campus?

Where abouts in Adelaide are you going to study and which campus?

Guest Jo&Phil

Adelaide Uni has some student accomm near to the North Terrace campus and usually have some sort of listing from the student accommodation office or similar.

If you don't have access to that, I would suggest any suburbs within 5-10kms as you'll find public transport more accessible if you're not too far out of the city itself.

It will depend a lot on your budget but usually quite a bit of student priced accommodation around Brompton, Bowden, Cowandilla, Collingswood, Norwood (bit more expensive), Newton, Mile End, North Adelaide (again more expensive), Marden or along Anzac Highway towards Glenelg and going towards Great North Road.

Good luck with your studies

Guest Emu

Hi, I would stay in the city if you can, you would save on transport and are close to everything. When you do a search online put postcode 5000. Also Glenelg could be a good option has you have the tram and are on the beach. For transport details go to http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/.