Guest robertreynolds

haggis

Guest robertreynolds

anyone know any butchers in Adelaide that sells Haggis?

Guest norah battie

Central Market has Haggis...not sure which butcher and also Colonades near Woolies

Guest robertreynolds

cheers! Haggis and Irn Bru for dinner on Wednesday :)

There is an award winning butcher somewhere that sells it, he came over from Scotland years ago, and still imports all his ingredients! Can't remember where, but i have sent of loads of texts to find out where he is, and will repost when i get a reply.

Ok, aparentley the best place for haggis is the butcher on Marion Road, just beside the Scottish Shop near Foodland.

You can also get Haggis from the posh food hall part of David Jones in the city (the bit that is next to the food court)

Lea

Guest robertreynolds

spoilt for choice. Thanks! Dont have a car so not sure how to get to Marion Road unfortunately, but will try the two places in the city to start.

Guest robertreynolds

Got 2 for david jones. Pretty expensive ~ $16 each. But they were great. Andersons I think. Worth the money. Fed 8 of us with leftovers.

Was in central market but couldnt see anywhere selling any.

Guest stufi1997

Hi Robert, which david jones is that? does anyone know if the david jones in noarlunga has it? was up in adelaide today trying to find some to try before our scottish night, but so far only got a slice of haggis pudding from rito's in the collonades....no "proper" haggis at either the butchers or rito's, there are 2 foodlands in marion road Shaun....I think I got the right one though in the end, but they were shut for the long weekend, are you thinking of ascot meat and small goods? I WILL find haggis yet!!! thanks all xx Fiona

Guest robertreynolds

David Jones on rundle mall, downstairs at the food bit, theres a big long section on the right, starts off with a bakery section then moves onto meat. It was in the meat part.

Guest RooDee

searched for haggis in Adelaide, tried central markets, david jones - no good. But found it at The Continental Shop at Elizabeth City Centre. The shop is alongside the fruit & veg alongside Big W. Easy to find. They also do Scottish Slice - flat sausage, and black pudding. The Coles here has a little English section too.

Guest RooDee

searched for haggis in Adelaide, tried central markets, david jones - no good. But found it at The Continental Shop at Elizabeth City Centre. The shop is alongside the fruit & veg alongside Big W. Easy to find. They also do Scottish Slice - flat sausage, and black pudding. The Coles here has a little English section too.

Guest Sara Mac
    spoilt for choice. Thanks! Dont have a car so not sure how to get to Marion Road unfortunately, but will try the two places in the city to start.

You catch the M44 from the City, I think it leaves from King William Street. The M44 starts off at Golden Grove, then Tea Tree Plaza, then runs all the way through the city to Marion Rd.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    You catch the M44 from the City, I think it leaves from King William Street. The M44 starts off at Golden Grove, then Tea Tree Plaza, then runs all the way through the city to Marion Rd.

Hi Sara!.....this post is more than 4 years old i think they've probably found their way or given up by now! :wink: