Guest The Pickles

Sound system

Guest The Pickles

We need a new sound system including a turntable, should we buy here and ship over or just buy when we arrive? Is there much choice, are prices comparable to the UK?

Thanks all, I'm sure someone will have an answer for us!

Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (4)

Arrive in Adelaide 1 July

Choice and prices better in the UK so get yourself to Richer Sounds or similar, depending on your budget.

A turntable? What's that?? LOL! Seen precious few over here and only then in the city. Technics 1210 should survive the journey ok ;-)

Just make sure you open any boxes before you bring your new gear over.

Have a look at this for a few more suggestions:

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8705

Justin.

Guest SA Great

I love my hi fi and you are definitely better off getting your gear in the uk. Prices are up to half as cheap with heaps more variety. I understand vinyl is making a bit of a comeback over there, must admit...if you have a really good turntable you really can't beat the richness that vinyl offers. There are a couple of good hi fi shops here but HEAPS more in the uk. Hope this helps.

Guest SA Great
    Choice and prices better in the UK so get yourself to Richer Sounds or similar, depending on your budget.

A turntable? What's that?? LOL! Seen precious few over here and only then in the city. Technics 1210 should survive the journey ok ;-)

Justin.

WOW Justin I have just read your other thread through the link....you really know your stuff!! Good post.

WOW Justin I have just read your other thread through the link....you really know your stuff!! Good post.

Thanks mate ;)

Guest The Pickles

My husband was on the tube going to work the other day and saw a guy with huge headphones on plus a big case which he opened on his lap ... it was a portable turntable... he got a vinyl record out of his bag and played it on the train! Brilliant, beats seeing everyone with their i-pods!

Thanks for all the info x

Justin.

We need a new sound system including a turntable, should we buy here and ship over or just buy when we arrive? Is there much choice, are prices comparable to the UK?

Thanks all, I'm sure someone will have an answer for us!

Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (4)

Arrive in Adelaide 1 July

get yerself down to richer sounds for your amp and the like, but if you have money to spend buy yourself at least one Technics 1210 direct drive turntable...the best there is.

might cost you a faar bit but it WILL be well wotrth it.......

Let us know where the party is at when you get here.......