Sign in to follow this  
Guest I_FELLOWS

On-line applications and damn speeding fines

Guest I_FELLOWS

I was interested to see the recent post by member "C&Z" about speeding fines and whether they can prejudice your visa application.

I am currently doing my on-line application for a 175 visa and wanted to know if I have to declare my speeding fine in the section asking about criminal convictions ?

I presume such fines are too minor to be entered in my application, but equally I don't want to be accused of witholding information either. :unsure:

Does anyone know the answer to this one ??? Any help much appreciated.

Guest Aussie pat

My husband applied for his visa in Jan 08. He remembers reading in the info that speeding fines were not classed as criminal offences (they fall into a different category, probably because you don't go to court) and they did not need to be declared. He actually had a speeding fine from a visit to Adelaide in Oct the year before which we paid. When he went to get his Aussie licence no points were put on his licence as he was a UK tourist at the time he got his fine and they didn't bother to check. Hope this info helps.

Guest BAZnDAF

Speeding is not a criminal offence. not yet anyway ;)

Guest I_FELLOWS

Thanks for the replies. :notworthy:

I'm relieved to hear that speeding fines won't count. Makes things much simpler.

Well, I'll finish my on-line application now and press send tonight........ here goes nothing!!!!:D

How long is it normally before they send an acknowledgement for an on-line visa application ? It would help my sanity over the next few weeks to know.

Thanks again.