Sign in to follow this  
Guest markmet

car insurance

Guest markmet

Hi there

we are hoping to be emigrating to adelaide in Feb 2010, and we were wandering if anyone had any info on whether they take your no claims bonus into account when you come to insure your car, or if anything like that actually exists. when hubby was looking into how much it would cost to insure the car, he took into account his no claims bonus. his car insurance will double without it otherwise, which he is not too happy about. could anyone shed any light on this for me please.

Thanks

Chris

Just bring a letter from your insurers stating you no claim bonus, they will take that into account when giving you a quote. Some insurers will need to see it some don't bother so better to bring it if you can.

Lea

Guest Martin and Val

We brought the proof of no claims from Val's insurer and a letter from my company insurance as I used a company car and didn't have insurance of my own as such.

We insured Val's car with Ammi over the phone and they just said OK as you have full no claims we will give you Rating One for Life (Basically protected full no claims bonus) and they never asked to see the proof.

I have recently insured my car with Shannon's (as they were cheaper than Ammi for it) and I went into Ammi's office in Adelaide and they printed me off a letter there and then saying Rating One for Life which I then faxed to Shannon's and they excepted it and have given me the same protected bonus.

All very simple not like dealing with insurers in the UK.

Good luck

Martin