Sign in to follow this  
Guest Denise 42

What to write

Guest Denise 42

Hi all

We are comming to Adelaide soon from the Uk, i've got a job already waiting for me. My husband a paitner/Decorator here. If we bring reference with us are they just to include

place of work

how long worked

stardard of work

what sort of work

anything eles anyone can thing of would be a help thanks

Denise (42)

Graham(48)

Clive(21)

Carlene(18)

Guest dglamoore

I guess if it just a work reference it would probably be similar to uk in that the potential employer will contact a previous employer by post or phone to get a reference :)

Sorry could not be more help but we have not had to go the employer route as both self employed.

Lisa:cool:

Guest soggy
    Hi all

We are comming to Adelaide soon from the Uk, i've got a job already waiting for me. My husband a paitner/Decorator here. If we bring reference with us are they just to include

place of work

how long worked

stardard of work

what sort of work

Denise (42)

Graham(48)

Clive(21)

Carlene(18)

I have been told that its best to bring the information used to pass the TRA, has he passed TRA or are you both going on your skills, if he has passed TRA to get paid the best rates he will need to get a licence to trade a bit like doing TRA again, if he has not done TRA he may have to do this before getting work, not sure on this. Let me know and i may be able to help a bit more.

Simon

Guest Roo1

Hi Denise,

I would say have a couple of references to say you and family are of good character. When renting a house, landlords may ask for references (not always but you never know). If you can wave some good character references in their face there and then it will save the hassle of getting them forwarded and maybe make the process of signing up for a rental a lot quicker, especially if you really want that particular property.

Good luck with the move.

Judi x

Guest dale_jo@
    Hi all

place of work

how long worked

stardard of work

what sort of work

Denise (42)

Graham(48)

Clive(21)

Carlene(18)

I`d presume if it was just a work reference that`d be fine, but any personal references could do no harm!!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Agree with character references and if you have just sold, bring the house particulars with you and maybe a reference from the estate agent, might just help secure a rental if this is the path you intend to go down,

Good luck

Guzzler