jim&nik

refrigeration A/C engineers

Hi all

Just thought i would put this thread up to see how many engineers are on this site.

leave your details and maybe we can help each other out.

Passed vetassess in April 09

Lodged visa in May 09 (175)

Changing from 175 visa to 176 visa due to migration time scale for 175 visa June 09

Jim

Hi Jim,

I am an A/C-Refrigeration Engineer, We have our Visa's and in process of selling house, hope to be in Oz before December.

All the best

Steve

Guest The Hadleys
    Hi all

Just thought i would put this thread up to see how many engineers are on this site.

leave your details and maybe we can help each other out.

Passed vetassess in April 09

Lodged visa in May 09 (175)

Changing from 175 visa to 176 visa due to migration time scale for 175 visa June 09

Jim

Hi Jim & Nik

My hubby is an air con engineer, we have spoke before, been here now 7 months and loving it.

Dawn

Hi Jim & Nik

My hubby is an air con engineer, we have spoke before, been here now 7 months and loving it.

Dawn

Hi The Hadleys

Hows Paul getting on, has he got his license. Or is he still teaching the ozies how to do it ,LOL.

Did Paul have a job to go out to or did he find one while out there, i have been looking on tinternet there seems to be a few oppertunities out there and all seem larger companies with good prospects.

And did u ship alot of your belongings over to Oz or is it just as simple /cheaper to buy house hold goods on arrival?

Cheers Jim & Nic

Hi Jim,

I am an A/C-Refrigeration Engineer, We have our Visa's and in process of selling house, hope to be in Oz before December.

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve

A few steps a head of us then we are just gettig our finances certified to go to a 176 visa (the 175 just did not seem to be happening).

Have you found a job yet or are yoyu waiting till you get out to OZ. I've been looking seem to be a few out there

Keep us posted on how your getting on.

Cheers Jim

Guest bugbabe
    Hi Jim & Nik

Dawn

Hi, OH is a HVAC consulatant design engineer, glad to see your OH has a job and is enjoying it!

How easy was it for him to find a position and what are the wages like compared to the UK? ;)

Guest The Hadleys
    Hi, OH is a HVAC consulatant design engineer, glad to see your OH has a job and is enjoying it!

How easy was it for him to find a position and what are the wages like compared to the UK? ;)

Hi

To be honest very easy to find a job, but the bigest problem for us was my hubby getting a license. He has over 20 years experience, ran his own business for 10 years and according to the TRA he wasn't experienced enough. To cut a very long story short he had his trade re-assessed and now he has his part III in Air conditioning and Refigeration which allows him to do his job. He works for a great company and in a few weeks time he his going to Beverley Uranium mines in the Far North to fit some air con.

Hope all goes well for your oh

Dawn