minty

Hello All

Hello all, just want to intruduce ourselfs.

We have been looking from afar for a while now and after a lovely holiday/recce in Adelaide in April we have decided to take the plunge and go for it.

We are going to do the visa ourself as £3000 from an agent seems steep. I am a electrician and the wife is a childminder and we have two girls 2 and 5. Just finished getting the vetessee paperwork together to send of for assesment which doesent seem to hard (hope i dont eat my words). Still unsure about the visa to go for, dont think i have enough points for the 175 as im 37 but can get the 176 if i get state sponsership that is, and i would prefer to get a peremnent visa if we can but am willing to go down the 475 provisional route if we have to.

I must admit now we have decided to get the ball rolling we are really excited so if anyone can offer any advice or tips or just wants to say hello then we look forward to hearing from you. :)

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi,

Welcome to PIA. :D

Can't offer any advice as I never did vetasses or state sponsorship, but many others on here have and will be able to help. :)

Good luck on your application.

Barry

Guest jorose

Hello to you all

Good luck with everything. Exciting stuff.

Guest DianeJ

Hi,

Welcome to PIA.

My husband did all the paperwork himself for a PR visa, electrician special class I think!. He was 43 when he applied and got enough points, so if you need any help just ask.

Diane

Guest Trakki

Hello and welcome to PIA, can't help with the vetasses as I am a nurse and the skill assessment is alot more straight forward but we did it all ourselves. The visa application itself (we have a 175) is dead simple to be honest. The hardest part is the skill assessment but I'm sure there will be people on here who wil be able to help you.

Good luck

Guest Lulujim

Good decision to do it yourself - we used an agent and could have done it ourselves easily from what we've heard. Could also do with that 3000 now too!! x

Guest Andrew&Ren

Hello & Welcome to PIA!!

Good luck with it all xxx

Guest mOZzy

welcome to pia!

you must be very excited just now! and this is a good place to start and get help!

in hindsight i would have done the visa ourselves too - but i am glad we used them for the (then) tra part!

but any questions - just ask :)

Yes very excited, very nervous as a big move but i think that is normal. All of the family are up for it and not much family to miss apart from the wifes parents but she if anything is more determined/ready that me.

Getting all of the paperwork for the skills asesment together has taken about 6 weeks but the actual aplication has not been to bad. Keep having to remind myself that im in a marathon not a sprint though. Relisticly im expecting it all to take about 12/18 months and a further 6 to sell up and go.

Hope its quicker though.