Guest Avastar

Me and the missus had hats on in bed last night

Guest Avastar

Nothing kinky involved!

It was just bloody freezing!!! It was quite hilarious really and it's not as if we're not used to the cold, having come here from Newcastle in the UK - but the Hills get cold at night and our rented house has terrible insulation/heating :mad:

It's not really what we expected when we were planning to come out here - but it's the equivalent now of mid-December back home, and the days are much better here (as are lots and lots of other things) so we're not complaining ;)

Guest Andrew&Ren

:biglaugh: LMAO!!!

We cant believe how cold it is and the house we have rented has no heating either.

Ive got to be honest i did not expect it to be this cold!!!

Anyone coming over in the next few weeks...bring coats and blankets!!!!

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh:

With Pom poms on??

It is cold this winter,feels the coldest I've known for 9 years.

I've just been doing some gardening and I felt that if it drops a few more degrees it could snow!

We do have lots of sunny and dry winter days though,great for doing those jobs outside around the house.

Just hope the rain keeps off in the next few days as I'm harvesting the olive grove:cute:

It is a good reminder to people coming over..YES IT DOES GET COLD HERE!

But the changing seasons are a delight!

Guest ReadyPenny

Yep we are freezing too!! Our reverse cycle is on but doesn't make a dent, as soon as you move an inch the cold hits. Have you got electric blankets on your beds?? This helps us to get some sleep at night!

Mandy

Aaah you are all woosses! next you'll be wearing snuggies to bed n all. You've all been softened by your double glazing and your constant background heating....when ah were a kid bygoom....you could hear the ice crackle on top o your blankets some mornins....:biglaugh: Seriously though it has got cold quickly and if you are used to wearing light clothes round the house in the UK you will feel the cold here. I went out to Big W and manhandled a convection heater into the car despite saying we will NOT be putting any heating on until July!

Guest kangomik

even the aussies reckon this is cold, and early for it.

I love it. reminds me of summer in the UK!

The wife wants reverse heating putting in now because the rental had it and it was very good!

We're still in the UK & it's summer here apparently. I went to work at 5am on Tuesday morning & it was 5 deg C!! We have even put an extra blanket on the bed this week!

I'll remember to pack the thick duvets if we make it over to Adelaide

Guest Emu

During the day sometimes in warmer outside then inside the house ... I miss central heating.

We bought a 100% wool underblanket, from Target (but most stores do it), they expensive but it's worthed it, it does warm the bed and keeps the heat well.

Guest SA Great

Yes it is officially bloody freezing!!! I was surprised how cold it gets when we first came over and the night shift workers the other day were all outside scraping the ice off their windscreens. I still can't believe that you can jump in the car and drive to Darwin where it is 33C!! Bizarre!

Reverse cycle ducted air-conditioning is DEFINATELY the way to go. Not cheap to run but will warm the house in 10 minutes.

Guest Jo&Phil

Lovely British understatement = 'rather chilly' ...... it's expletive deleted freezing! :arghh:

OK it's not actually really freezing but definitely a 2 dog night. Maybe my blood has thinned since I've been here - must be the gin! :biglaugh:

Guest SA Great
    Lovely British understatement = 'rather chilly' ...... it's expletive deleted freezing! :arghh:

OK it's not actually really freezing but definitely a 2 dog night. Maybe my blood has thinned since I've been here - must be the gin! :biglaugh:

Whats a 2 dog night??