Recommended Posts

    Hello all, I am a registered childminder here in the UK and when we move i would like to continue this in Adelaide. I am registered over here with ofsted is this recognised over there or do i have to retrain and re register over there, if so how long will this take and can i do this from the UK ?. Is there much work around for childminders aswell and what is the going hourly rate over there ?. Thankyou all.:)

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I am working as a Family Daycare Provider here in the Eastern suburbs for the past year!

    I have been here for 2years and it is quite a lengthly process even though I had already been working in the UK for the past 16 years...... everyone here has to have a level 3 certificate ,senior first aid and child protection training - the process for me took about 8 months even though I had covered all aspects of "level 3" back in the UK.All my work was sent off for evidence which I had to pay for!!! I do feel that it can be done alot quicker..I was just unlucky because of poor comunication from my office!!

    FDC is not as recognised as in the UK - it took me about 5 months to get my first parent!!

    now I am completely full working four days a week. Be prepared for lots of paperwork....

    btw you are able to have 4 children under 5 in your care!

    Back at home I was an Accredited Childminder which enabled me to do the teaching from 0-5years. They are moving slowly here in the right direction but you will find that it is much more "relaxed approach" than in the UK - no OFSTED....

    Please pm me if you would like further knowledge!


    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now