Guest peter76

hi

Guest peter76

just got back 2 the u.k from adelaide loved it to bits spent most of my time in the north looking 2 do visa straight away.:D Just a bit worried about work i am a plasterer

cheers pete&family;)

Guest Django

Hi Pete and family,

Welcome to PIA. Glad you enjoyed the trip. Get them forms filled in and get out there.:) With all the building work going on out there at the moment I'm sure findng a job won't be too hard.

Pete and family:D

Guest dale_jo@

Mate all ican say the way the housing boom is going you`ll have no probs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest mOZzy

hello and welcome pete and family!! (not you django :P)

glad you enjoyed it - now give us some more details pleeeease.

where did you stay? first impressions ....

good luck with your adventure!

Guest Django
    hello and welcome pete and family!! (not you django :P)

14.gif

Guest mOZzy

awwww so not fair!!!!

ok then - come here you 36_1_67.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxmk571YYGB

Guest Weez

Wow Django thats BIG, I'm impressed !!:P

welcome peter and family ;)

weez

Guest Aussiebound

Hi

How did you get on in the North, an area we are looking at going for Neils work.

Are there some nice areas?

Sarah

Hi

How did you get on in the North, an area we are looking at going for Neils work.

Are there some nice areas?

Sarah

Sarah,

Is there any areas u have been looking at in the North? We are due out there 4th August to look around and to look at a house we have already brought in Andrews Farm. If there is any areas that you have looked it we can try and take a look for you and give you our impressions

Guest peter76

hi everyone

the areas in the north that i saw that i would live r golden grove highbury and modbury heights. But everywhere in north was very pleasant

cheers pete7family;)

Guest peter76

gday poms

me and my family r looking forward to r future in adelaide we r applying 4 visa

meet family in modbury in the north and visited the city and zoos etc its a great family life and social life i am a soccer player and i trained with a club in para hills and was invited to coach a team when back REMEMBER ITS THE WINTER ASWELL AND EVERYONE SAYS TGHE SUMMER WILL BE BETTER;)

aswell the houses r out of this world if u get a new build and just quick to say i broke my ankle in adelaide :confused:and i want to go back LOVED IT

PETE&FAMILY

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Hi Peter

Welcome to the site.........yay from Brighton...We are from Newhaven!

Good luck with the visa, Cant help with plastering info, if they are on the list then there must be jobs!

Sarah

Guest Roo1

Hi Pete,

I'm glad to hear you loved Adelaide as much as we do.

I have a friend who is a site manager on a building site. If you want I can ask him about work for plasters here and give you some feedback.

Take Care

Judi x

Guest ralph n bev

Hiya Pete and family

Were looking to settle in the North east, we think!! Ralphs a builder, so we think the North would be better for us. We thought about Mount Barker, with it being a self contained little town, and are still going to check it out when we do our recce in September, but have been put off it slightly. We had a few negative p.m's when we posted a thread asking about the area.

Things look so different on the property sites, i dont think you can tell until you actually visit an area.I dont think a 2 week recce is long enough either, but as were not taking the kids , we may get more driving around done!!

I do think a lot of people choose areas with a "well there are already a lot of brits there, so it cant be bad," attitude.

I know lots of people think they are going to go and settle in X and end up in A .

Weve got to do the meds yet and havnt put the house up for sale, were going to wait till after the recce.

I really wanted to go to the Coromandel Valley area , down South , as we'd prefer hills to beach, but feal it would be too far out for Ralph. But if he does his residential builders licence , he could work any where.

So who knows where we will end up!!

Bev:)

Hi Welcome to the site :)

Can't help with advice on the work front but just thought I'd say hello

Lea