julie-ruth

Absolute nightmare

Today is the worst day we have had in Australia, it started with a handy man trying to work out why our shower was leaking he didn't find anything so left, a plumber came to fix the leaky loo, and checked the shower and said it was the tiles, ten minutes after the plumber left we could hear running water, so went round the house couldn't find anything went out the front and saw water bubbling out of the ground and running down the road, so we turned of the water, this was at 11 o'clock this morning, so we turned of the water to the house, and phoned our letting agents who got onto sa water emergency, they said we could carry on using the water sparingly for meals etc then turn it off again so we filled up saucepans, kettle etc, and turned of the water again I cooked our kids noodles for tea using cheap dryed up noodles with water, big mistake afterwards I made myself a coffee and my coffee tasted of concerntrated salt and made my mouth burn, I went to panic mode phoning the poisons hotline thinking of my girls half eaten bowls of noodles, only to be told watch and see if they get sick, we found the landlords had left an old water softener half turned on doesn't normally get used but because of the water pressure dropping it had run through the water softener and sent neat salt straight through to the tap, at 5.30 this evening a man from sa water company came to look at the leak (yes the water is still turned off) sorry its the wrong side of the metre you will have to get a plumber, so here I sit waiting to see if we will get a plumber come out this evening or tomorrow with no water, watching the kids for any signs of being unwell.

Plus side with all the sa water vans coming up the road the neighbours have come out to see whats going on and introduced themselves voluntered their water and a couple of them said we could use their showers.

I'll give the Australians this they are very kind and generous people.

Julie

Guest Lulujim

Nightmare. :arghh: Poor you am sure the kids are fine - kids are so fussy if it had tasted odd they would have surely let you know....

Hope it all gets sorted quickly!

Nightmare day, but good to see your looking on the plus side about the neighbours!!! True blue aussies, always there to lend a hand and no dramas comment!!! Hope it gets fixed soon for ya.

Guest BAZnDAF

Yep, sounds like a bad day, I hope tomorrow is a lot better and the water gets sorted. surely if you rent its down to the rental company/owner?