Guest mandmick

Greenwith Primary or Golden Grove?

Guest mandmick

Have to make a decision pretty quick!

Coming from Dubai in Sept.

Daughter aged 6, going into last term of year 1.

Currently at private school but most are in Dubai.

Visited GG but not Greenwith...

Any advice on either school..?

Thank you!

Guest Fancy a Beer
    Have to make a decision pretty quick!

Coming from Dubai in Sept.

Daughter aged 6, going into last term of year 1.

Currently at private school but most are in Dubai.

Visited GG but not Greenwith...

Any advice on either school..?

Thank you!

It depends where you are going to be living, they have a strict boundary, so if you dont fall into the right one you may not be able to join the school you choose!

I looked at both on my Rekkie trip and preferred Greenwith but sent my kids to a private school for 2 years, long story but kids been at Greenwith now for 6 months and both love it, saves me a fortune and kids are getting so much more out of the school than the previous private one!!

At the end of the day its personal choice I think its a great school got one highly academic child and one thats happy to plod along, school has accomodated both levels very well, to be honest I never heard of anything bad about Greenwith!

Just seen you are heading for Spring Hill, as far as I know that comes under Golden Grove Primary not Greenwith! Someone told me the boundary is the roundabout!??

Guest nishman

Just seen you are heading for Spring Hill, as far as I know that comes under Golden Grove Primary not Greenwith! Someone told me the boundary is the roundabout!??

I can't remember where the line was, but we were in Spring Hill when we first arrived and that was definitely in GGPS catchment. If I remember right, we could have chosen Golden Grove, Greenwith or even Wynn Vale. We sent ours to GGPS and they loved it, and we were very happy with it

I'm a parent representative at Golden Grove Primary, its great because you get to here what parents think and why people choose GGP, they have a great intergration (just listening to peoples comments) for the defence, don't really know much more than that about that side of things only people are going for smaller homes to get their child into this particular school catchment area because of this, personally speaking I find this school brilliant, they have lots of opportunities with sports, music lessons and other activities, I'll be honest I'm always paying out for my girls to be given as many opportunties as I can, but the activities are voluntary, also teachers are very accessible to speak to, pm me when you arrive maybe I can talk to some people for play dates for you..

Julie

Guest mandmick

Hi

I went to see GGP in April and the ruling has changed! so we can live anywhere for them..

Greenwith will also accept her!

I think I'll have a quick look in Sept at Greenwith as I'm not starting her until after the half term.

Thanks again

Interesting about private schools! as I have to admit I did think that was the best way to go!

Hope to meet up once we're there!

Thanks!

Guest mandmick

Great thanks Julie.

I had a good feeling about the school when I looked around.

I'll definitely be in touch once we're there in Sept, it would be great to get some play dates sorted out and some for me too!

Had moving up day here at school today and my daughter was so upset she won't be there next term..:-(

Guest mandmick

Hi again Julie

If you get a minute, could you tell me about after school activities I could contact now.. just to get the ball rolling! I'll also do a search.

Many thanks!

I'll look into what afterschool activities they have, they offer them weekly, the website for the school is under reconstruction at the moment, but they are talking about puting everything that is going on at the school on it, this was a request from parents and kids who loses the vast amount of paper's that comes home, so keep an eye out.

I'll give you an idea of what has come home this week, an international Mathematics competition form (for those who wish to participate, they have had one's on English and Computers so far), wheelienet and Futsal clinic and a couple of offer's with the canteen where they are doing specials.

Sorry need to ask, I know they do loads, footie, basketball, netball I keep getting bits of paper come home with different activites. They also do a lot of different music lessons where you can hire insturments through the school if they are taking brass instruments, my daughter is taking keyboard lessons its a private thing still done in school, but for her to practice I bought her her own keyboard, my other daughter is in the Choir which I think they go off and do competitions in September.

Julie

If your thinking of looking into private Kings is the favourite up this end, then pedare then Gleeson, but I think its because of the cost order Kings is the cheapest, we have friends there who really likes the Kings. Her daughter was in an excellerated class in England in one of the best schools in the area.

Guest Fancy a Beer
    I'll look into what afterschool activities they have, they offer them weekly, the website for the school is under reconstruction at the moment, but they are talking about puting everything that is going on at the school on it, this was a request from parents and kids who loses the vast amount of paper's that comes home, so keep an eye out.

I'll give you an idea of what has come home this week, an international Mathematics competition form (for those who wish to participate, they have had one's on English and Computers so far), wheelienet and Futsal clinic and a couple of offer's with the canteen where they are doing specials.

Sorry need to ask, I know they do loads, footie, basketball, netball I keep getting bits of paper come home with different activites. They also do a lot of different music lessons where you can hire insturments through the school if they are taking brass instruments, my daughter is taking keyboard lessons its a private thing still done in school, but for her to practice I bought her her own keyboard, my other daughter is in the Choir which I think they go off and do competitions in September.

Julie

If your thinking of looking into private Kings is the favourite up this end, then pedare then Gleeson, but I think its because of the cost order Kings is the cheapest, we have friends there who really likes the Kings. Her daughter was in an excellerated class in England in one of the best schools in the area.

Greenwith Primary offer all of the above to!! My daughter is going a brilliant job on the Piano she loves it, my son wants to learn the drums, which is worrying me a little!! ;)

Greenwith School has Just been granted 3 or 4 million to add more facilities! Will be interesting to see what they do, think its mainly classrooms being added!

Kings is good if you big on the religion thing, funny you say its the cheapest my friends with kids there said it is the most expensive in comparison to Gleeson & Pedare! The uniform is awful to, not that it should be a decider but its shocking!! :-)

Guest salisbury massive

Kings is good if you big on the religion thing, funny you say its the cheapest my friends with kids there said it is the most expensive in comparison to Gleeson & Pedare! The uniform is awful to, not that it should be a decider but its shocking!! :-)

It is more expensive at Kings in the later years and you do have to watch out with Pedare and their building fund which costs a certain amount of dollars a year for 5 years. They put it into a bank account and use the interest for fund stuff. After 5 years you have the option of having the money returned, taking it off school fees or donating it to the school !!!!! i don't know many parents who choose that option. The religious side of Kings isn't forced down your throat but obviously there is assemblies in church with prayers and hymms and the newsletter is full of bible quotes and blessings for all. I pay currently for year 10, $1175 a term, camps and trips extra on top. Reception is around $800 a term. My daughter goes to Keithcot Farm Primary and I payed $275 for the year and $138 for uniform. My middle daughter goes to Golden Grove High School, around $400 for year 8 and about $300 for the uniform.

To be honest there isn't much in it between to 2 schools, both are next to private schools and are probably around the same yearly cost. I did pick Greenwith over Golden Grove, i just liked the feel of the school more but in the end chose Keithcott for convenience as its next door to Kings and close to Golden Grove High. Made it easier picking all the kids up. I thought the facilities at Keithcot just had the edge on the other 2 also.

Jo