Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

South Australian Sponsorship accepted

Guest Dean

Hi,

Just received the great news that our SA sponsorship has been accepted.

Now we have to tell the family!! which I am not looking forward to, but there you go..

Our Australian life is becoming more of a reality and I am scared / excited all at the same time... (if that's biologically possible)

:)

Dean

Guest lastboyscout

Congratulations Dean, good luck with the rest of it :D

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Congratulations!

Makes it all seem a bit more real now.

Good luck telling the family. I worried what the reaction would be when I slipped it in to the conversation and all my mum said was 'Don't blame you. I think your brother should consider it as well.'

Rachel

Guest dglamoore

Congratulations on getting your sponsorship :P:D

One step closer and now just the visa bit and a long wait to look forward too :eek: Good luck with it all!!

Lisa:cool:

Guest Dean

Thanks for all the positive comments..

I know waiting for the VISA is going to be a nightmare..

We will be both going stir crazy!

The problem, as I am sure you are all aware is keeping the motivation at work, especially when you hope you will leave in 6 months..

Dean

Guest lee_lisa

Hi Dean & famliy

Well done on getting your sponsorship one step closer to your dreams :D

Lee & lisa

Guest soggy
    Hi,

Now we have to tell the family!! which I am not looking forward to, but there you go..

Our Australian life is becoming more of a reality and I am scared / excited all at the same time... (if that's biologically possible)

Dean

Congratulations Dean, this was when it started to feel real for me, when I told my family, friends and workmates they were all very supportive, I think they all cant wait to get rid of me.:( Good luck with the visa, what one are you going for?

Simon

Guest soggy
    Thanks for all the positive comments..

I know waiting for the VISA is going to be a nightmare..

We will be both going stir crazy!

The problem, as I am sure you are all aware is keeping the motivation at work, especially when you hope you will leave in 6 months..

Dean

I have the same problem with motivation at work, they gave me such a good reference for my TRA I feel I owe them somthing, besides when we get to Australia we may need their references again so its best to struggle on.

:)Simon

Simon

Guest Django

2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif

Great news. Good luck with the family. I was shocked how positive they all were about it. Hope yours will be the same.

pete

Guest dale_jo@
    Hi,

Dean

Congrats,

Fiends of ours didn`t have to wait too longand i`m sure you family will understand amd just think they`ll have somewhere to stay for hollies now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEY (maybe )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Guest happy-jools

Congrats Dean on SA Sponsorship.

Great news. Send of the Visa Application quick!!!

And hold on for what seems like forever (and for us its been two months, ohh god is that all!!!)

:confused:

Guest Roo1

Congrats and you'll be fine I'm sure. Most likely people will be jealous and wish they had the guts to do it.

Good luck to ya.

Judi x

Guest Dean

Hi,

We are going for the regional visa. We have to stay a specific region for 2 years I believe and get 12 months work in that region.

I was originally going for Perth, but the regional element limits work prospects and areas to live.

I am getting a lot of positive comments about Adelaide and certainly this forum has reduced my stress levels..

It's a great place to speak to like minded people and learn about your chosen destination.

Thanks for your comments.. We are now rushing to get our VISA in and then the clock starts ticking..

Dean

Guest ice

hi, i wanted to live in QLD i have friends in Townsville & Cairns so that was my plan, how wrong i was the only place i could find work is Adelaide ive spent 3 days there as i traveled oz from what i saw its pretty, i also have to stay 2yr then can go anywhere by then im sure i will love the place, its so nice on this sight cos there is always someone in the same situation or they can help thats so cool,

Ice

Guest ralph n bev
    Hi,

Dean

Congratulations, Good Luck with everything.

I know what you mean about the scared and excited bit as well;)

You might be suprised with your parents reactions, i was, they said

" your mad if you dont do it, you should have done it years ago when Ralph wanted to !!"

Mum gets a bit teary eyed about it when we talk , but thinks its the best thing for the kids,

Bev:)

Guest ice

congrats everyone will be ok when they get used to it, thats the problem we all do what others want so they are happy!! so we plod along always wishing we had done it, just do it you can always come back.

Ice