Problems with UK Letting Agents

Guest Murphysegg

Guest Murphysegg

Have any PIA's left a property back in the UK in the hands of a Letting Agent & what are your thoughts on their Management of your property ?

I instructed "Your Move" as my Management company after weighing up several quotes from other agents.

I have had a catalogue of errors right from the word go, ranging from lack of communication to both myself & within the Agency team , to discrepancies with payments.

I am fully aware that these Agents have hundreds of Properties on their books, but i also feel i'm not alone in my dissatisfaction of their operations. When your on the other side of the Planet, these are the last things you want to be worried about.

Anyone else suffered issues with their Agents? Any recommendations of Agencies on the South Coast? My patience is wearing thin !!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest cunnah10
Have any PIA's left a property back in the UK in the hands of a Letting Agent & what are your thoughts on their Management of your property ?

I instructed "Your Move" as my Management company after weighing up several quotes from other agents.

I have had a catalogue of errors right from the word go, ranging from lack of communication to both myself & within the Agency team , to discrepancies with payments.

I am fully aware that these Agents have hundreds of Properties on their books, but i also feel i'm not alone in my dissatisfaction of their operations. When your on the other side of the Planet, these are the last things you want to be worried about.

Anyone else suffered issues with their Agents? Any recommendations of Agencies on the South Coast? My patience is wearing thin !!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Although we are now back in the UK and living in our home again...we did leave it in the hands of agents when we rented it out!

They were a waste of time & basically got £90 per month from us for doing NOTHING!

Not once did they do an inspection ...which we were told they would be doing every 3 months!

And for 2 months our lovely tenants lived rent free as they did not pay their rent to the agent as agreed!

We were at the end of our tether in the end trying to sort all this from Australia and could have done without all the hassle and stress!

Good Luck!!

Guest countdown1975

We currently have an agent trying to rent our house out here in Ireland - didn't want to do that but we couldn't sell it - as it is the rent will not even cover the mortgage but I think she is a waste of space and takes the p****. She now has a key to our house to let people in while we are at work and we wanted her to let us know when she was showing someone which she never has - she left all the doors open in the house (fire hazard) and my wardobr doors open. If there was anyone else I oculd use I would cos I don't really like her but we are stuck to be honest. Am worrying myself silly but Hubby tells me now to :-(

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi. I'm letting my house too, through a letting agent, who I've had to chase to remind about the overdue inspection, and overdue rent becuase they hadn't noticed (twice at least). They're not chasing the tenant for outstanding monies either, and we pay them £90a month fopr doing vey little. I even had to beg them to sort the tenancy agreement out (which was overdue) advising them my mortgage company were going to fine me becuase of their incompetence. Its undue stress that's exhausting. And the amount or rent money receiving isn't covering the mortgage either, so its obviously important I receive all monies owed. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! RANT, RANT HA, HA!

I could rant about this all night!

Sarah.

Guest BAZnDAF

we are thinking of renting ours too.

Would be nice if people could give the names of these 'ones to avoid', or any which are good.

Thanks

Barry

Guest mayjess

OMG after hearing all this, think we`l get ours up for sale very soon, was going to rent it out, but Im not prepared for that amount of hassle, especially chasing people for rent money!!!!

Mayjess

Guest cunnah10
OMG after hearing all this, think we`l get ours up for sale very soon, was going to rent it out, but Im not prepared for that amount of hassle, especially chasing people for rent money!!!!

Mayjess

sorry hun ....have i frightened the life out you now about renting it out!!!

it does work for some people ...didn't for us though...AND there was a whole lot more i could tell you about that we are still getting hassle over to this day due to the fact we had "not" good tenants!

Guest happy feet

Hi we are also renting ours out, using a company called Macdonalds, so far i have had no complaints, money goes in on time, and we have only been here since Feb and they have done at least 2 on the spot inspections...... They email me if the tenants want to do the smallest thing in the house, getting my approval before they let the tenant do anything, so touch wood i picked a good company...

cara

Guest mayjess
sorry hun ....have i frightened the life out you now about renting it out!!!

it does work for some people ...didn't for us though...AND there was a whole lot more i could tell you about that we are still getting hassle over to this day due to the fact we had "not" good tenants!

Yes you have Gill !!!, haha Im joking, there is another reason why we want to sell, mainly down to money, we dont think what we`l have saved up will be enough, incase it takes a while for one of us to gain employment, so il get house valued and even if we can get back most of what we have spent on it it, then were best getting rid of it, any luck with viewers on yours yet?

Mayjess

Guest Jo&Phil

I let my house out for 3 years. Letting agents were great to start with --- all over me like a rash, I was sooo their favourite client. I had great tenants for 2 years and then when they moved on the service from the agent was non-existant and the house was empty for 4 months. In the interim they tried to bill me for some repairs that my Dad had actually done!

In the end I did it myself ....... not easy from Oz unless you have very helpful friends or family. House now sold (yippee) but that's because I'm very settled here.

I would recommend using an agent initially for checks etc BUT it's best if you have someone in the UK who can oversee it for you and keep in the agent's ear.

Better still, of you have a capable relative or friend who will do this work of any agent for you - why not pay them the commission instead?!

Guest Murphysegg

Anyone in the Waterlooville area fancy throwing a Hand Grenade into my Letting Agent.......Complete shower of S***e. & they have the audacity to have a Footer at the bottom of their emails saying their Gold Award winners voted by the Daily Mail.!!!! More like the 'Beano'. ARRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Guest BAZnDAF
Anyone in the Waterlooville area fancy throwing a Hand Grenade into my Letting Agent.......Complete shower of S***e. & they have the audacity to have a Footer at the bottom of their emails saying their Gold Award winners voted by the Daily Mail.!!!! More like the 'Beano'. ARRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Would I be right in thinking its not going to well!