What do you like about Adelaide?

Guest stum85

Maybe a bit random but for those living there what do you like/love about Adelaide?

PIO has the odd poster saying it's boring/old fashioned etc but thought a wee positive thread would be good to get those of us planning the move a bit excited :jiggy:

Guest moonraker1959

I know Adelaide very well,and SA.I like the big country feel Adelaide has.Its not in your face,and its not pretending to be something it is'nt.What you see is what you get basically.When you've lived there for a while,you get used to the different burbs,and can easily find your way around.I like the close proximity to the beaches (although I'm no beach babe myself!More a country bumpkin!Easy to get away from the city in any direction and fast too.The city itself is easy to navigate,so if someone asks you to meet them somewhere,after a while you'll know exactly where they mean!(Usually the balls in Rundle Mall lol)As far as going further afield,I like towns like Clare (up north lol)and that area.Moonta,Wallaroo is also nice.Port Lincoln is also a good place.Heading sth east you can explore towns like Keith,and further Mount Gambier.Adelaide is about a 8-10 hr drive from Melly,and you can also get the train from Adelaide to Melly.Adelaide is where I grew up,and lived for a long long time.Both my bro's earlier moved to Sydney but after 2 years moved back to Adelaide.I don't think I would want to live anywhere else in Australia apart from Adelaide (Well SA country towns).