10 days in!

Liz and Kris UK

Hi everyone

We have been here for ten days, currently staying at the RAH resdential wing (cell block H). We have been very busy and have got our medicare card, applied for tax number and opened bank accounts.

We are really pleased as we have just had our application accepted on a nice rental in Glenelg, 5 minutes walk from the beach. We get the keys on monday and have paid for bed, washing machine and fridge, our stuff has arrived from the UK and will take 2 weeks to clear customs.

Our first impressions of Adelaide are really posistive and we can already see that we are going to have a better quality of life here. Adelaide is a very clean city, the only thing that lets it down is the graffitti that seems to be everywhere however its the same in the UK. The beaches are stunning and the public transport is excellent. Everybody is so helpful. We have met up with friends made through this site for a beer and hope to be of help to anyone currently goin through the process.

Kristian

Guest Nick11

Glad you've settled in.

The good news about the graffitti though is that by next week the council will have cleared it .

The bad news is that by the week after it will be there again!!!

Some things never change!!!

Guest paul smith

Hi There,

We have not yet introduced ourselves to the site, but we will. We hope to arrive in Sept and it is nice to read your message and here how things are progressing. All the best.

Paul, Becky, Oliver & Isaac.

Guest happy feet

Hi

Great to hear you settling in already... Have been following your journey !

I too have a job at RAH but my old uni not being very helpful so paperwork still not all completed.

Can you please tell me how long it takes to get from your house in Glenelg the hosp, also keep in

touch about wht the hosp is like, and what the staff our like.

Good luck with every thing.

Cara

Hi

Great to hear you settling in already... Have been following your journey !

I too have a job at RAH but my old uni not being very helpful so paperwork still not all completed.

Can you please tell me how long it takes to get from your house in Glenelg the hosp, also keep in

touch about wht the hosp is like, and what the staff our like.

Good luck with every thing.

Cara

Hi cara

It takes about 35 minutes on the tram from Glenelg to the city, I will keep you posted with our progress.