looking for work on arrival /telecoms

Guest bob t

Guest bob t

We will be coming over to big Aussie on the 19/8/07

We just can't wait each day seems like a year, is there anyone who has any contacts in the comms industry.

Bob and Lorraine

Guest dglamoore

Hi Bob and Lorraine

Sorry cannot help you with any contacts but there are loads of Comm linesmen here and coming over so I am certain there must be at least one on this forum :D

I do have a friend that came over on the same trade and found a job without problem so am sure you will be fine once you get here. Jobs are easier to find here than from the UK.

Lisa:cool:

Guest andy&jill

Hi Bob, I'm also in the telecomms trade i would strongly recommend looking at 'seek' as suggested above, there are bucket loads of jobs for me its frustrating cos i cant apply for any yet, just got past the TRA as a general communications linesman (BT engineer)

Depending on what area you are in. I work in the mobile side of things for Orange at the moment (future not so bright) Im hoping to get a job doing the same thing in oz.

Good luck.

Andy

Guest bob t
Hi Bob and Lorraine

Sorry cannot help you with any contacts but there are loads of Comm linesmen here and coming over so I am certain there must be at least one on this forum :D

I do have a friend that came over on the same trade and found a job without problem so am sure you will be fine once you get here. Jobs are easier to find here than from the UK.

Lisa:cool:

Thanks for the heads up mate, if you bump into your friend could you ask him what field he's in. it's got to be worth a pint

Cheers

Bob and Lorraine

Guest The Ashtons

hello

Robert is in the same trade guys telecoms and he found a job no problem we had only been here 2 weeks when he was offered a job. I don't know what u used 2 do but Roberts now doing fibre optic data it seems to be the latest thing so if u get stuck let us know and maybe Robert can give u some company names

Good luck Jane Robert and Billie

Guest bob t
hello

Robert is in the same trade guys telecoms and he found a job no problem we had only been here 2 weeks when he was offered a job. I don't know what u used 2 do but Roberts now doing fibre optic data it seems to be the latest thing so if u get stuck let us know and maybe Robert can give u some company names

Good luck Jane Robert and Billie

Hi all

If you could pass on any info, it would be appreciated, at the moment I work for COLT dealing with the fibre network, design and build and commissioning I also deal with the SDH and LAN installations Lucent and ADVA mainly. If it would help I could forward my CV to you, if not maybe same company websites would be good.

Cheers

Bob

Guest sean jackson.wanadoo.co.u

Hi Andy & Jill, just joined this forum i am in the comms industry, like u on the mobile side still waiting to here off the TRA its been 5 weeks this monday, did it take u that long to here off them?, no finger nails left in this house