Babies?

Guest sa2uk2oz

Guest sa2uk2oz

Hey all

Was just wandering how the (nhs) works out there when it comes to having babies?

We have 2 already, 4 and 2, but we are planning on expanding when we get there (i know i need my head read:p, but there you go.

Is it the same as having them on the nhs here in the UK, or do you have to go private, do you have to pay to give birth.

Sorry for all the questions, but who better to ask than all those who know best?

:oC & D

From what I know, its nothing like having a baby in the NHS back home. My friend has just had a baby here 2 weeks ago and she has all good things to say about the birth.

For one, she had 5 medical staff on hand. There is even a monitor station where one nurse will view all delivery suits and the slightest of trouble, staff are sent in immediatly.

The delivery rooms also have their own birthing bath, if thats what you wish to do. No hiring of an inflatable pool here!

The whole experience has been a pleasent one for her, even the after care.

At the best part is the $4000 reward for having "one for Australia"

Judi x:D

Hi Claire,

No this was state hospital, it wasn't private, thats why my friend was gobsmacked at such great service. She said the delivery room was like a 5 star hotel!!

And I've heard that if you did go private then you are put up in a hotel a couple of days later for recouperation where the nurse comes and visits you there! Amazing!!

Guest ali@51

Hi C&D and Roo

That was a really usefull question. We already have 3, (so our not the only mad 1) and little being nearly 2 we are starting to think is that it or do we do it again so that info is really usefull. the tight fisted accountant oh sorry loving man i am married 2 will really rate the $4000 to. In fact it might just swing the balance;)

Guest sa2uk2oz

Glad i came up with Clever question then, at least i am not the only one who benefits from the answer.

Let us know what happens? When are you off to Oz?

Claire

Guest ali@51
Glad i came up with Clever question then, at least i am not the only one who benefits from the answer.

Let us know what happens? When are you off to Oz?

Claire

Hi Claire

I rang hubby at work to let him know about the cash and he already knew!!!!! Must have smelt the money.

We were hoping to be able to go in Jan but we submited the visa(136) on 20/7 and still havent heard anything also the house still hasnt sold so we think at this rate it could be closer to easter. How about u?

What visa are u going on?

Guest sa2uk2oz

Hello

LOL...you really made me laugh with your last post.....when we all get there we should meet up for coffee or something?

We have 2 kiddies, a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old little monster (oops... i mean boy). Hubby is a Plumber/gasfitter and we got a skilled migrant visa which is basically like permanent residence. Me an accountant (but not tight fisted as my hubby will tell you, i like to spend), that's why you made me laugh so re the accountant bit.

We applied for visa on 9th Jan 07 and was granted visa on 9th May 07, have to land before March next year, hoping to be there by Xmas.

Claire

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi girls

Funny little ditty really .... when we arrived in Oz 14 months ago, we were at the Medicare office signing all the relevant stuff and then we got onto the family assistance bit. Had my 2 girls with me and was asked "have you finished your family yet" to which I replied, not sure yet. Lady behind desk said, "well there are lots of incentitives to have babies here now, the government will give you $4K which is not means tested" .... and then said, "don't forget now, one for dad, one for mum and one for Australia!!!" How cute is that? They are very keen to get the population up and if everyone only has 2 children, then you are only replacing yourselves, hence why they are keen for parents to have more than 2. At my daughters kindy, I feel in the minority because I only have 2 children, there are lots of families with 3 and 4 children, so perhaps I had better "speak" to my husband and see what the current thinking on an addition might be!

Sas

;)

Guest ali@51

Hi Claire

by you got your visa quick. Hopefully we wont be 2 far behind you though if the house sells and visa comes through. My oh is a non spending accountant. Every thing is worked out to the last penny and he is in seventh heven "Saving for Oz". Meeting up for coffe on the other side sounds good. My 5 year old sone would probably get on with your 4 year old as he is young for is age and our little yob Pippa is 2 end of september.Good luck with no. 3

Hi Sas its good to hear we will not be alone with 3 kids in Oz feel a bit of an odity here at times as my sister-in-law (mother of 1) keeps puting it their are sooooooooooo many children in your house.:P

Guest jen&ian

Hi girls,

I know what you mean Ali, I remember when I was expecting no. 3 son everybody looked at me as if I was mad, and many went as far as to say so to my face! We used to say we'd keep going till we got a girl or a five a side team but after 3 boys the jokes wearing a bit thin!

I didn't know about the money till this thread was started, it cheered my husband up no end. So thanks for the info.

Jen:)

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi girls

Funny little ditty really .... when we arrived in Oz 14 months ago, we were at the Medicare office signing all the relevant stuff and then we got onto the family assistance bit. Had my 2 girls with me and was asked "have you finished your family yet" to which I replied, not sure yet. Lady behind desk said, "well there are lots of incentitives to have babies here now, the government will give you $4K which is not means tested" .... and then said, "don't forget now, one for dad, one for mum and one for Australia!!!" How cute is that? They are very keen to get the population up and if everyone only has 2 children, then you are only replacing yourselves, hence why they are keen for parents to have more than 2. At my daughters kindy, I feel in the minority because I only have 2 children, there are lots of families with 3 and 4 children, so perhaps I had better "speak" to my husband and see what the current thinking on an addition might be!

Sas

;)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guzzler

Guest ali@51

Hi jen

how old are your 3. I would have loved 3 boys. My boy is ace the girls:confused:. The 8 year old is a complete hormonel hetty. Stood next to me cahanting 2468 boys a rubish girls are great. PIppa well:confused: I have just spent 2 hours in A&E with her after finding her eating what I am unreliable informed are gariniers!!!!apparently they are toxic but only cause d&v what joys I have to look forward to.

Claire,

might I recomend getting him drunk and going for it. Then you can tell hm its his fault as he tured into randy andy after a couple of sherberts!! Good Luck

Guest sa2uk2oz

Hi Ali

I think you might have me confused with Guzzler & Sas, we will be expanding once we get there. Might make a living on it...lol

Claire:rolleyes:

Guest jen&ian

Hi Ali,

Our boys are 6, 3(tomorrow!) & 1 (last week), its birtdays agogo round here at the mo:confused:.

Jay's suddenly decided he's boss of everyone else since turning 6, Sam is just a cheeky little so & so he can get away with murder just by flashing his dimples and Noah is just chilled out.

Don't get me wrong we are delighted with them:cool: and don't have any burning desire to have a girl, but the look on other peoples faces when we told them Noah was another boy! some even said things like "Oh what a shame":mad:.

Jen:)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

isn't it funny how people react to the sexes of children - if we did have another one (and I don't think that is likely with Guzzler's little comment!) we would both be very happy with another girl. But after the day I have just had with my two, an addition is a definate NO.

Cheers

Sas

x

Guest ali@51

I think your right If you have a baby it should be because u want one not because u want a boy of a girl. When we announced we were expecting our 3 I was amazed at the number of people who said why you have a boy and a girl:rolleyes: . We just wanted a baby full stop :D Instead we got a right little horror but we love her just the same.