welding jobs

Guest sean

Guest sean

Hello everyone.Should be arriving in Adelaide in September just wondering if anyone has any info on job prospects wages etc for 1st class welders.:confused:

Guest jen/nee

Hi Sean

We are at the moment putting our TRA together O/H is a welder, we started off thinking of Adelaide, but we are hoping to go on a 136 visa which allows us to go any where, have to be honest we are registered on seek.com have been for about 3 years and the jobs seem to be Bris, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney the odd one comes on for Adelaide not to say they are not there but maybe not advertised. I think also it depends on what sort of industry you want and are used to. Have you passed your TRA if so how long did it take for the ok.

Cheers

Jen

Guest sean

Hi Jen

Thanks for that but we have got our heart set on Adelaide so we are going to risk it job wise.Do you have any idea on rates of pay?As for the TRA it took just under 3 months.Hope this helps.Good luck with your application.

Sean

Guest jen/nee

Hi Sean

The pay seems to be anything from $19 up to $32, but you do have to take in to account that the cost of living is cheaper and that you have to take a drop. I know that I have read a posting somewhere that said that you maybe start low and then the company starts offering benefits, it said that alot of poms keep jumping ship to try and get better pay. What did your TRA consist of, I have had a few guys send me there TRA but different industry so get the basic but as going alone want to get it right. Did you use an agent? We have all Neil's indenutres but it is the job description as he has only had 3 jobs one of them being apprentership at Cammell Lairds shipyard, the 2nd company went out of business and his present he has been with 18 years so what do we put would be grateful for any advice. Have you registered with www.seek.com if not you should we get an e-mail everyday, most day they send anything upto 20 jobs obviously not all suitable but you just have to apply or as many as you can. Hudson is another recruitment company based in Adelaide they might be able to help www.hudson.com the guy we spoke to was called Gary Barker you never now he might have something or know of something

TC

Jen

Guest Aussiebound

Hi Sean and Jen

Neil, my other half, is a welder fabrictor / structural engineer and is going on the trade of metal fabricator. We have just sent our TRA application off using Go Matilda, have copies of all the references from employers if you would like me to PM them to you. We where advised to write them ourselves and then get previous employers to check and sign them. Neil had to do 5, 4 past employers and the present one. 2 of the past ones are now dissolved so he had to do Stat Decs as they where were he did his training. Anyway, agent assured us we had more than enough info, should hear back in around 2 weeks.

We have also looked into other areas as we are on PR visa, we love Adelaide but have also been drawn to Perth and Brisbane. We have now decided Brisbane too hot for the trade and are torn between Perth and Adelaide. :confused: There are a lot more jobs paying a lot more money in Perth but cost of housing etc so much more. Adelaide has a lot of jobs about, just no where near the demand of WA. Try www.alljobs.com.au that searches all the employment agencies telling you where the jobs are etc. We found this really useful, also try looking on www.yellowpages.co.au enter your trade and it will list all companies in certain areas. Wages can be anywhere from $19 - $34.

Hope all this helps a little bit.

PM me if you need anymore info.

from Sarah

:o

• 4 years later...