To do meds or not...!?!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

Having thought of front loading our meds I rang our agent just to check if this was the done thing (or to let them know), only to be put off doing them before we have a case officer.

The reason for this is that when they get sent off there will be no FILE for us therefore there is no connection to our application, and there are cases of meds going missing:wacko:, has anyone experenced this problem..? or should we just push on regardless, so far our agent has been 100% spot on but iam not sure on this advice:huh:

Still have no recept for our payment taken 3 months ago:wacko:Cheers Graham

hi gra!

good question! i know you are with the same agent we are, right?! so sooner or later i'd be asking that question too :nah:

it sort of makes sens the reply you've got but on the other hand i know of many who DID frontload without any problems.

i heard of one case though where they got lost ...:confused:

maybe ask the doctor what he'd do if they did get lost? if they provide duplicates or if you'd have to do it all again?!?!?

Hi Graham,

I asked the DIAC a question about my family having medicals in different countries if we were apart when they were requested, and this is part of a very long reply (that I think says yes), it seems you can have medicals before I guess you have to include as much info as possible to insure its not lost.

Simon

Your wife is able to complete her medical examination in China will the

rest of the family unit do theirs in another country.

Applicants for an "offshore" General Skilled Migration visa can

undertake

health and character checking prior to their application being

allocated

to a case officer. The benefit of applicants undertaking health and

character checks may be a reduction in the amount of time required

before

a decision can be made, however, applicants and migration agents should

be aware that:

* Health examinations have limited validity periods and if these expire

before the application is finalised these checks may be requested

again,

and must be provided at the applicant's cost.

* The ASPC may still need to undertake other checking in respect of the

application that may delay a decision.

* Undertaking health examinations and providing police clearances does

not

guarantee an application will be successful.

To assist in deciding when to undertake health and character procedures

please send a blank email to

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au for current application processing dates.

Alternatively, applicants can wait on a request from a case officer

before

proceeding with these checks.

Guest graandjac

;)Cheers Simon, it would seem so that means yes, i cant believe that if the mads were done and then sent off that if they were lost you would have to do and pay for the whole process again, as i believe the meds are only sent when any queries or issues have been settled....so if the meds have been sent off all is ok, .After speaking to tina from pia she was told that they would hear of any issues with the medicals would be raised within two weeks, and if they had not heard back in that time all is ok

Also that her doc seems to send of the meds in batches either monthly or 2 weekly which again adds time.....conclusion sod it we are going to try to book the meds in for about 4 weeks and hope that we have had some thing back by then:skeptical::arghh:

Cheers Simon ..........regards Graham

Guest happy-jools

We front loaded our meds as you may well already know.

However just thought Id reassure you that we sent of visa application 11.05.07 and were told by our agent that we cannot contact DIMA until three (calendar) months have passed. We got acknowledgement and reference number on exactly the end of the three calendar months.

So you should get yours fairly soon. Fingers Crossed.

Hope this makes sense.

So if you book your meds, you prob have a reference number before then.

p.s. Doc doing our meds said it didnt matter there was no reference number, he had done this many times before.;)

The one thing with front loading is the life of the meds/police checks. If you plan to activate your visa before they run out then fine. I would err on the side of caution and wait. I would hate to have to re do them.

Pete

Guest dglamoore

We front loaded ours but as Pete says just make sure you are able to activate your visa one year from the date of your meds/pc or you could lose your visa :err:

Our agent advised us to have them done approx 2 months after application went in for SIR495 as we were ready to go once visa came through ;)

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest graandjac

:wacko:Well thats it 3 month and we have heard nothing so going to be proactive and have booked the meds for the 4th oct in Dover, so we can go on our reccie and worry about them for 2 weeks...lol:biglaugh:, still waiting...hate this waiting....anyone at the start of this mad process get used to waiting...feel like my whole life is on hold, sitting here telling myself to be patient cheers Graham