Limits on how much we can ship over.

Guest mez10

Hello all,

Not sure if I've posted this in the right place!

Can anyone help with this.

Janet's mums just died (sadly) and she has left lots of possessions (furniture etc), that Janet now wants to bring with us to Oz.

We planned to have a 20ft container (now looks like at least a 30ft)

But our main concern is her mums jewellery (it could be over 20K in value) we don't want to bring it over to be then charge (import tax etc)

Just not sure if there's a limit on what we can bring!

Regards

Darren, Janet & Kids

Guest bishop3912

Hi guys, sorry to hear the awful news.

I too sadly lost my mum a couple of years ago and had a lot of jewellery that was worth a considerable amount of money that I brought over to Oz in my hand luggage. I had no problems as it was my own personal jewellery. Hope this helps.

Good luck with the move.

Regards

Corinne

Corinne,

Thanks for reply, think we'll spread in between our hand luggage just to make sure.

Visa granted today, but with Janet's mums funeral on Monday its just not the same (her mum was so excited for us to go to OZ and for her to visit)

Thanks again

Darren, Janet, Eve (7) & Isabel (5)

Guest bishop3912

Darren and family

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! on getting your visa approved. Can totally understand your feelings though regarding your current situation. The good thing with having Janet's mums blessing is that it will make your new life all that much more special.

Not a bad idea spreading it between both lots of hand luggage, it also makes more sense for security reasons too. You are allowed to carry your own personal jewellery with you, I cant remember if there was a question relating to this on the entrance form, but if there was I would have declared it, as I am a bugger for crossing all the T's and dotting the I's !!!

Hope everything goes as well as it can on Monday.

Regards Corinne x

Congratulation and sorry about your sad news.

My dad died 2 days before we got our confirmation but at least i did get to go and tell him in the chapel of rest (sure he had a hand in it coming through so quickly). It is hard to know they wont be coming to visit you.

My only support is that you were in the uk and with your family at the time.

Good luck

Andi,

Thanks for that.

I can't imagine what Janet would have been like if we had been on Oz.

Its hard enough when you live near.

Good Luck with the House sale.

Darren, Janet & Kids