Anyone else affected by the recent changes?

Guest nurse sue

Guest nurse sue

I no longer meet the 120 points now that the modl has been withdrawn. :sad:

i dont know whether to wait and see what happens mid year or just apply for a temp or ens visa (providing i can get a job!!)

as a nurse, i know there is work out there for me, but i wanted to apply for a 175 as i wanted to be able to work part time til i knew the kids were settled, with a view to going full time after about a year.

:sad:

anyone else been affected by the changes??

:(

Guest thekings

Eh??? I'm surprised that as a nurse you are affected by this. Have heard of a few people waiting to see whats happening mid year (as advised by their agents!) but no nurses till now :unsure:

Guest nurse sue

I havent got the 3 out of 4 years recent experience (the previous 20 years experience dont seem to count for anything), and as im 42 i only get 15 points for my age + 25 for english (fingers crossed i get a decent ielts score) and 60 for being a nurse.

so only 100 im afraid ... :(

so im sure there are other nurses affected who are in a similar position to me who cant get a 175.

Guest thekings

Thats a bummer, have you tried securing a job first? A friend of mine did that last year and she is over 45!!! but being offerered a job (from an expo in London) was enough to get her a visa (dont know which one) and she moved over about 8 months ago.

Apply for state sponsorhip and go on 176. You only need 100 points. It gives you the same benefits of a 175. I was in exactly the same position as you, 42, not 3 out of 4 years experience( due to only working 19hrs a week for last 7 years), despite 20 years experinece. We got state sponsorhip and are awaiting a response on our visa application at the mo.

Donna

Guest nurse sue
Apply for state sponsorhip and go on 176. You only need 100 points. It gives you the same benefits of a 175. I was in exactly the same position as you, 42, not 3 out of 4 years experience( due to only working 19hrs a week for last 7 years), despite 20 years experinece. We got state sponsorhip and are awaiting a response on our visa application at the mo.

Donna

unfortunately we dont have a house to sell, so will be coming over on savings and dont have anywhere near the current financial requirement the SS needs (we would need about $45000) ... perhaps in 12-18 months we might have it

unfortunately we dont have a house to sell, so will be coming over on savings and dont have anywhere near the current financial requirement the SS needs (we would need about $45000) ... perhaps in 12-18 months we might have it

Is that how much they want you to move over with? Or does it depend on how many are moving over? (i.e people with kids). $45000....if thats the case we better get saving! Just me and the hubby though, no kids so we just need enough to support us two.

just found the financial requirements for SA 176 visa...

Sponsorship requirements for Offshore 475 or 176

Applicants must show that they have sufficient funds available to meet the initial costs of establishment and on-going settlement.

As a rough guide, applicants will require a minimum of AUD$25,000 (in cash and assets) for a single applicant, with an additional AUD$5,000 for each additional family member. The cash or savings component must be at least AUD$10,000.

Family CompositionTotal fundsCash or savings componentMain applicant only AUD$ 25,000AUD$ 10,000Main applicant plus one (1) dependentAUD$ 30,000AUD$ 10,000Main applicant plus two (2) dependentsAUD$ 35,000AUD$ 10,000Main applicant plus three (3) dependentsAUD$ 40,000AUD$ 10,000

Well, it looks like i'm going to have to go down the temporary route. Not happy!!

Guest al_and_lucy

SA needs a signed statement to say you have XY+Z available. no proof, just a declaration. Form HERE for reference.

Notice the form states :

I/We ATTEST that I/We have the financial resources indeicated below available for immeadiate access once I migrate to South Australia

So apply now, and save save save.

:)

SA needs a signed statement to say you have XY+Z available. no proof, just a declaration. Form HERE for reference.

Notice the form states :

So apply now, and save save save.

:)

Thanks!! I've read that much today i must have missed the "once I migrate to South Australia" bit!! Who can sign these forms?

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Thanks!! I've read that much today i must have missed the "once I migrate to South Australia" bit!! Who can sign these forms?

Our Solicitor signed ours, :)

Tanya

i would be a little careful. Our solicitor signed ours also. But you do have to break it down into 'where' you have the money ie, tied up in your propery, savings, assets etc. and how much specifically. We had to provide eviednce to the solicitor of this before he would sign, such as bank statement, house vaulaution etc.

Hope it goes well

Donna

Guest al_and_lucy

The SA website states:

Q. Do you require copies of bank statements as evidence of financial capacity?

A. No. Only a signed and witnessed Declaration of Financial Capacity is required as evidence.

Q. Do you require all documents to be notarised?

A. Only the Financial Capacity and/or the Financial Support Pro Forma must be notarised or witnessed by a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace or a Bank, Diplomatic, Government or any other Official authorised to attest to the authenticity and accuracy of the information in the Pro Forma. All other documents must be true copies of the genuine document, they need not be certified.

SA was not asking for bank statements- the solicitor was, as the person signing the financial capacity declaration. He said he wouldnt be prepared to sign something unless we showed him evidence to prove what he was putting his name to.

All solicitors are different.

I was merely pointing out the solicitor etc might want proof. I understand SA doesnt need it.

I thought u should know that you MAY have some hiccups if you dont actually have the funds. You may well find someone who is happy to sign. Speak to them 1st. We were informed from the offset that we would need to show proof of finances- if thats the case..look for some one else.

Good luck

Donna

Guest nurse sue

al_and_lucy, and theharrisonfamily .... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have to say i hadnt noticed that bit ... i thought id read that you had to provide evidence of the funds you were declaring you had??

I have a friend who is a solicitor, so i may be rather cheeky and ask her if she will sign it for me ... as an old university friend, winkwinknudgenudge :lol:

thanks again guys, thats given me immense hope!!

sue x