Misplaced Paperwork!!!!! - BEWARE

Guest fatman

Hello everyone!

Those waiting for a Case Officer.... We had Visa lodged since March 2010 (176 Visa), thought we would chase DIAC concerning our Case Officer. We were shocked to find out the DIAC had not received our paperwork form 1100 ( via electronic e-mail) from South Australian Govern... So, that meant we were still sitting in Cat 4 !!!

We phoned SA Govern to resend forms, which they did same day (although we were told the forms were sent on 22 March 2010???)...

SO BEWARE.... PROB WORTH CHECKING OUT IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE WAITING TO LONG.

HAD WE NOT PHONED WE COULD HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER!!!?? :arghh:

Graham & Janis Price (Aberdeenshire, Scotland.... in the pouring rain !!! :sad:)

Guest MutleyCrew

Guys, so sorry to hear about this! That is outrageous and unbelievable! If it was something that we, as applicants, were responsible it might, whilst still highly frustrating, be something that you might accept but not when it is supposed to be done by the SA Government directly and electronically to DIAC!!! No wonder you so.... peeved!!

Let’s hope they sort it and as it is their fault it doesn't overly delay your processing. Good luck with it.

We had the same problem so beware everybody. I was going to post yesterday regarding this but I forgot. We applied online for our 176 visa in November and had been wainting for a CO to be allocated but last week I decided to send DIAC an e-mail to check the progress of our application but was shocked when they replied back that they haven't received the Form 1100 for SA and as such our application has not been classified yet.

I got intouch with SA and they confirmed that the form was sent to DIAC in November but agreed to send another form immediatley. I have now received confirmation from DIAC that the form has now been received and that we should have a CO soon.

So it is a good advice to check with the DIAC and not just assume that everything is o.k.

We could have been waiting for a long time as well.

Guest Carolandcraig

We had a similar problem, but ours was the money. Our agent sent all our docs with the bankers cheque. After 3 months of not hearing anything we got our agent to chase the matter up, and the reply was you havent sent the cheque. Our agent had photo copied everything but we still had to prove that DIAC had cashed the cheque, so back to the bank it was to get proof. Nightmare.

Guest guest3462

We too needed to resend our form 1100 back in May, I have checked since and we are def cat2 with high priority supposedly but their idea of priority and mine seem to be on a whole different level!!!