TRA/SS crossover

Guest fishes20

Guest fishes20

Hi All

I received notification from TRA on 22/3/11 to say they have my docs, obviously i need to be getting my SS application in also, as there are only approx 13 calendar weeks to 1st of july. ss asks if youve had a positive skills assessment, so question is do i just say yes (even though i dont know) and hope indeed TRA is successful and send docs last minutes, orrrr do i say no and send TRA result last minute with docs. any ideas. and any thoughts on how long i dare hold for, before crossing the said docs. Hope this makes sense

Jase

Guest harrison clan

Hi Jase,

If you apply online for the SS you have 30 days I think it is for them to receive your documents and you need to include a copy of your positive skills assessment with that. They won't look at your application until the paperwork has been received anyway so applying online beforehand won't make any difference.

Wendy

Guest petal
Hi All

I received notification from TRA on 22/3/11 to say they have my docs, obviously i need to be getting my SS application in also, as there are only approx 13 calendar weeks to 1st of july. ss asks if youve had a positive skills assessment, so question is do i just say yes (even though i dont know) and hope indeed TRA is successful and send docs last minutes, orrrr do i say no and send TRA result last minute with docs. any ideas. and any thoughts on how long i dare hold for, before crossing the said docs. Hope this makes sense

Jase

HI jase

we are in the same boat were going through an agent take it your going solo, we sent our tra docs off on the 16th feb received a couple of days later, at present we are still waiting waiting for our results,, and as you said time isnt on our side out agent advised us that we cant send for sa ss until we have positive result back from tra. We have spoke to agent and we have to wait as i think its completely snowed under with everybody trying to get there apps in before july changes .Really doing my head in now im thinking there is something wrong with oh APPLICATION :arghh: REALLY TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE :goofy:..

IF YOU HERE ANYTHING DIFFERENT PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I WILL OF YOU

CHEERS

WE HAVE SS DOCS READY TO GO!!!!!

Guest vicky_1970

I am in the same boat as you guys too - waiting for my skills assessment back - they got the docs at the end of Feb but I've been told they're taking about 7/8 weeks !! Stupid timing but we are going on holiday for two weeks late April so if they don't get back in post before then I am totally scuppered !! I am not using an agent for the whole process but paying them in sessions for their advice - I have been told the same can't apply until you have the docs in hand !!

Can you also advise on your ss application there is a section which says "identify organisations or companies relevant to your occupation ?" - how many have you put in there ?

Thanks

Guest fishes20

Thanks all

Looks like i could be dead in the water ( did anybodies agent say why you cant crossover docs by the way ), if TRA does take 7 weeks or so, or at best end of april, does SS only start being assessed from when they have your docs, or is it from when you lodge online.

Wendy if your right it will be my only hope by the looks of it.

Vicky 1970 i was going to target about 10 possible companies

jase

Guest vicky_1970

I think SS only starts once they receive your docs (but you do have the 30 days to send them)!!

I don't think mine will get through in time before 1st July but I should still be ok under the new points system according to the agent i have been getting advice from.

It's not a nice time with everything changing - fingers crossed it all works out for you.

Guest fishes20

Hi Vicky

I guess its in the lap of the gods then. I will still carry on because SS is free anyhows, so nothing to lose there, Just thinking of all the wasted days and what it now looks like may cost us our dream.

e.g guy at RTO forgot to submit my certificate III 3days lost

solicitor certifying docs had 2 days off sick

H.R department at work took 3 days to write a 3 sentence letter etc etc etc

I suppose using curriors to deliver docs may br quicker than our royal mail.

I can see us missing out by about 3 days or something daft.

Guest harrison clan

We've not even got as far as the TRA yet. Other half was meant to have his technical interview for his AQF III yesterday morning but they had technical probs so he didn't get to do it. Waiting now for it to rearranged :arghh:

Nothing ever seems to go smoothly for us and like you say I can see us getting SS on 2nd July lol but hey if we don't give it a go we'll never know.

At the end of the day I reckon these changes are going to leave Oz with a lot of trade shortages in the future and we can live in hope that they'll have to come up with some way of sorting that. At least if we have the AQF and the TRA done now we'll be halfway there! :unsure:

Guest Opportunities

To All,

Will hold thumbs for everyone who finds themselves in this extremely tight spot! We have also had some very close calls. Our TRA application was acknowledge one day prior to the cut-off date in December, before the recognised RTO was changed! That was a blessing! We received our positive skill assessment after only 13 days - you must just have some faith! I know time is not on our side, but get all else organised (paperwork/documents), so that when the skills assessment comes through, you are ready and able to send the SS off. I will definitely use a courier. It is definitely more costly, but you can't put a price on time right now! Don't make use of the postal system!

As advised by the other guys on here, it does not help applying online for SS, as they only start processing once they receive the hard copy of your SS. While waiting for the SS, get everything ready for the Visa application. Don't delay, you might just be suprised somewhere down the line!

We have fortunately applied for SS the first week in March, hopefully all will go smooth.

Good luck to all!

Karen

xx