Waiting on 457 Visa... zzzz

Guest MattfromNZ

Guest MattfromNZ

Hi All!

The company that I will be working for in Adelaide, arranged an agent that submitted the application on June 27th. They received the medical reqs on July 3.

I am applying for a 457 with my Fiance Claire. The agent really hasn't kept us up to date with what is happening and Ive got a feeling she hasnt even submitted all the necessary info. We havent even been asked to submit police clearances.

The company said that they have some pre approved visas. Not quite sure how that works, but sounded good. I was meant to travel to Adelaide to start work on July 13th, but still waiting and getting a little nervous.

I heard that Visas are taking about 3-4 weeks at the mo. Is that right? Maybe it's taking a while cus there is two of us?

Anyway, any feedback would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Matt

Guest Mitchell

Just so you know my 457 took only 7 days to be granted from submission but I wasn't asked to do any medical. You don't need any police checks for this visa but you'd be wise to do them anyway before you leave the UK if you want PR in the future. You should get a copy of the submission from the agent to show that your app is in. If your employer is paying for the agent (they should be) chase them if you're getting no joy with the agent.

Our 457 took 6-7 weeks, when we were told to expect 2-4 weeks.....and a friend of ours got his in 3days! As Mitchell says, chase the agents and if no joy (we had no joy from ours either), chase your employer to chase the agents. It's not nice not knowing what's happening, but hang in there.

Lyndsey

Guest MattfromNZ

Thanks guys fro your replies. I have chased the agent many times and she just doesnt respond to my emails. Very frustrating. Even when I copy my employer in, who is paying for the service.

Yep, it seems that there is a real mixed bag of time lines. I though with an agent, they would have all their I's dotted and their T's crossed to make sure the process happens as smooth and fast as possible.

She said that only the person that applied for the Visa can see it online.

I think I will fire off another email today!

Thanks for your help!

Matt

Guest MattfromNZ

Just found out that my file online states a wrong digit in my passport number, hence getting the wrong info when trying to check online! Have asked our agent to correct it. Maybe thats why the case officer couldnt find our case. Does anyone know how long it is from the time that the visa gets granted to when you can travel? Is it instant?

Guest samog

Hi There Matt

We are also still waiting on our 457 visa, had an email from the agent today stating processing times of 4-5 weeks so fingers crossed not much longer for all of us now :wacko:

Guest Squareman

Mine took around 10 weeks and that was with medicals, police clearance etc submitted up front. It all just depends on the time of year, and where your application ends up on the pile.

Guest Mitchell

Yes you can fly as soon as your 457 is granted. Also I found staying up late/ getting up early and phoning agents and HR helped far more than emails!

Guest MattfromNZ

Just heard from the agent saying that the application is with a case officer is currently processing the nomination application and will then finalize the 457 application. Sounding good so far! Fingers crossed. The advice of harassing the agent was good advice!