Passing medical and waiting for a final decision?

Guest KarenR

Hello

Does anybody have any experience of how long it will take for the final decision to be made in reference to applications?

I had my medical approved on the 31st Jan from Sydney and have been told by my migration officer my application has to go back to the Adelaide Processing Centre for a final decision to be made on whether I will be granted a visa or not. However, she has said she is unable to give me a duration until I know. Can anybody help with how long it took for their final decision to be made after passing their medical? Was it a week, 2 weeks, a month or more?

This is taking into account that it has taken 18 months to get to this stage of my application and I don’t understand why when I look and talk to other people about time lines of their applications.

Thank you in advance

Karen

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply, I've applied with a Skilled Independent Regional (SIR) Provisional Visa, Subclass 495.

Thanks again and any time scale would be great

Karen

Agent appointed July 2006

Vetassess sent 30.12.06 - granted 01.02.07

SA Sponsorship sent 21.03.07 - granted 18.04.07

Visa application submitted 31.05.07 (online)

Medical Requested 01.10.07, medical 31.10.07 & results received in Sydney 01.12.07 - granted 31.01.08

Final Decision 01.02.08 awaiting . . . .