sub class 475 visa Adelaide - where has it gone!?

Guest sharman

Guest sharman

Hello, I'm Lisa and this is my first posting...hope it's not been covered to death! Apologies if it has been answered somewhere else.

I have been trying to download the application form for the Prov subclass (state sponsored) 475 visa but the SA website shows this message:

STATE/TERRITORY NOMINATED INDEPENDENT (STNI) SCHEME

SKILLED MIGRATION - SPONSORSHIPS

Immigration SA would like to inform you that all applications for Sponsorships for the current Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 495) and the State/Territory Nominated Independent Visa (subclass 137) have been suspended.

Information on State Sponsorship under the revised visa structure by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s new General Skilled Migration Program will be posted on this website in September 2007.

Please visit this website in September for more details on South Australia’s participation, criteria and application procedures for Sponsorship for the Skilled-Sponsored (subclass 176) and Skilled-Regional Sponsored (subclass 475) Visas.

!!! It is Feb 2008.....whats happened??? Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED...I am a newbie and getting a wee bit confused!:confused:

MANY THANKS! :notworthy:

Guest Lulujim

Hi there,

We're also going on visa sub-class 475. We have gone through an agent - First Contact and have just had our evidence passed by Vetassess and are about to submit our SA Sponsorship application. So it still does exist.. but not sure how you can do it if the website isn't working. It might be worth calling an agency and pretending you're going to use them to find out any further/up-to-date information...

Hope this helps?? :wacko:

Guest sharman

Thanks - I might give it a try! Very strange...I am a bit of a form filler by nature and thought the immi process looked quite straightforward - of course it doesn't allow for website hiccups!

Good luck with your app!:cute:

Lisa x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa 35, Craig 37, Paige 12 and Ellena 7

Skills Assessment to Vetassess 18/02/08

Guest sharman

Hey Pete, thanks for your post.:)

I have access to the visa application for the 475 through the Au gov website (as on your link,) but what I am having difficulty with is the actual SA website in order to apply for state sponsorship, thats when it comes up with the suspension message I wrote about in the first post. Am I missing something? I was under the impression that you needed to get your skills assessed, then gain state sponsorship (according to which state wants your skills - in my case Tas and Adelaide - Adelaide being our preference) and then once you have the ref number from the state, apply for the 475 via the AU gov website....still waiting for confirmation from vitassess, but wanted to get a few online bits done whilst I'm waiting! If I am missing something PLEASE guide me in the right direction - bit stuck!:sad:

Thanks again!

Lisa

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa 35, Craig 37, Paige 12 and Ellena 7

Skills Assessment to Vetassess 18/02/08

Hello, I'm Lisa and this is my first posting...hope it's not been covered to death! Apologies if it has been answered somewhere else.

I have been trying to download the application form for the Prov subclass (state sponsored) 475 visa but the SA website shows this message:

STATE/TERRITORY NOMINATED INDEPENDENT (STNI) SCHEME

SKILLED MIGRATION - SPONSORSHIPS

Immigration SA would like to inform you that all applications for Sponsorships for the current Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 495) and the State/Territory Nominated Independent Visa (subclass 137) have been suspended.

Information on State Sponsorship under the revised visa structure by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s new General Skilled Migration Program will be posted on this website in September 2007.

Please visit this website in September for more details on South Australia’s participation, criteria and application procedures for Sponsorship for the Skilled-Sponsored (subclass 176) and Skilled-Regional Sponsored (subclass 475) Visas.

!!! It is Feb 2008.....whats happened??? Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED...I am a newbie and getting a wee bit confused!:confused:

MANY THANKS! :notworthy:

Hi, I have just had a look at this, the class of visa that the sa site states are suspended no longer exist, the 475 is still there, go to the sa site at http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au select skilled worker from the left hand side menu, then select apply online and select 475, I don't think you can download the form it has to be done online, you will get a ref number to allow you to leave it and finish it later.

Simon

Guest sharman

Thank you to those who think I am a mad (including myself!) After a bit of sleuthing, it turns out that you can't view the online application using Mozilla!! You have to use Internet Explorer!! So all is well and I have access to the form via Explorer! Honestly!!!

Thanks again folks - you are all so helpful! This is a great place to come for help and advice - I may be a a bit of a regular worrier on this site, but I hope I can also be of help further on down the line!!

THANK YOU!:jiggy: