Permanent residency (887)

Guest markmet

Guest markmet

Hi

To all those about to apply for pr just wanted to put your minds at rest a little. I know each of our cases can be different depending on the case officer, but we didnt find the process all that difficult and was pretty straight forward. We did at one stage consider hiring an agent to take some of the stress off us, and got qouted the ridiculous price of almost four thousand dollars (yes you did read that correctly). I phoned immigration and spoke to a really nice lady who adviced us to have a go at the process ourselves as it is quite straight forward. We took her advice and she was right. We were concerned we would have to face the dreaded form 80 but we were not asked for it as I think they have most of the info from the forms we all have to fill for the 475 visa. I was a bit concerned also about proving dependancy for our 19 year old son but again straightforward. Our only stressful part was waiting for the police checks to come back. We sent off for 3 police checks together. Mine and my sons took over 2 weeks and my husbands took over four. The wait seemed to go on and on. We then uploaded my husbands police check when it finally arrived hoping to hear something from case officer quickly, but that wasnt the case. We waited a further 3 and a half weeks when we took the chance of contacting our case officer. We werent sure whether to do this as you hear stories that they might put you back to the bottom of their pile. Well my husband emailed wednesday evening then lo and behold thursday morning, the case officer called to say he was satisfied with everything and had granted us our visa that morning. So to those who are are about to apply try not to stress too much, and for those waiting to hear if they have got it, if you feel you have been waiting what feels like for ever and still no response, drop your case officer an email to see whats happening.

Good luck everyone

Chris

Guest winsonwongsg

Many thanks for your advised. I am still in the process of getting a 475 visa. Is there an issue of getting a job in Adelaide? Or can i work any kind of job to qualify to get a 887 visa? I am working in an IT field.

Many thanks!

Winson

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hi, we got our 887 today too! No medicals, no questions, no nothing, just straight to grant. Applied Anzac Day, so took just under 2 weeks (would have been yesterday but public holiday in QLD). Feels amazing :) case officer assigned at 9am, visa granted 9.50am :D what a day!!! We submitted overseas police checks btw, still bot sure if we had to or not!

Guest Damien

I always found with our 176 visa application that it dragged its heels. Every time I emailed the powers that be I would wake up the next morning and we had progress. It was mad, every time it worked, even with the visa grant. So I recommend keeping on the case, and living here for over 2 years has confirmed it! Bloody Aussie attitude....