Processing Times

Guest julianh

Guest julianh

Here's the latest processing times:-

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 19 February 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Paper based applications: 1 August 2007 (subclass 880), 29 August 2007

(subclass 881) and 29 August 2007 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 26 July 2007 (subclass 880) and 29 August

2007 (subclass 881) and 29 August 2007 (subclass 882)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas

All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas

All applications: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

(Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496): 6 March 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications: 17 August

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas

(subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 29 October 2007

Paper based applications: 16 September 2007

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date

shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please

contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

We applied for the 176 visa on-line on the 25th November so will hopefully have a case officer in around 4 weeks - fingers and just about everything else crossed!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest julianh

Here's this weeks processing timeline, bit concerned that it's been at the 1st November for the E-Lodged 176 applications for the past couple of weeks though.

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 18 March 2008

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated

to case officers for further processing.

Applications Lodged Before 1 September 2007

Onshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Student/Graduate applications - Class DD and DE visas

Subclass 880: 13 August 2007 (paper), 4 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 881: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Subclass 882: 29 August 2007 (paper), 29 August 2007 (e-lodged)

Onshore Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR) – Class UX visas

Subclass 495: All applications: all applications are now allocated to case

officers

New Zealand Citizen (Residence) - Class DB visas

Subclass 861, 862 and 863: all applications are now allocated to case

officers

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ,

BR, UX and UZ visas

Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 5 April 2007

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications

Subclass 495: 17 August 2007

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas

Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485, and 487

E-lodged: 1 November 2007

Paper lodged: 16 September 2007

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date

shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please

contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Guest Lulujim

hi all, -

Please excuse this post, I am having a very blonde moment here. :confused:

The processing times quoted above- does that mean that the ones submitted before/ on these dates are the ones they are currently processing - or shd have a Case Officer by now?

We are hoping to submit our 475 Visa Application online next week - and have been quoted 7-9 months as a rough time scale.

Does this sound about right to anyone?

Thank you!!

Guest Lulujim

Oh GOD! Have just seen that this date means that all applications before/on that date will have a CO allocated. :embarrassed:

My apologies!

So does 7-9 months sound right tho?????

Thank you all x x

Guest jon & sarah

Hi All,

This is my 1st post :-)

Our 176 e lodged application was received on 19th September and health requirements finalised on 3rd December. Having read the processing and allocation info I'm sure we should have a CO by now. So I emailed our agent this morning and got this:

We have recently learned that skilled visa application processing times are now between 12 and 18 months, although we do expect online applications to be processed more swiftly.

The online status page is not always accurate, so don’t take it too literally. Plus, with application times being so lengthy, it doesn’t help you to check it too often, as this will only cause undue anxiety and impatience. J

The fact that some applications may be further in the processing line than others does not mean anything, or for that matter, whether the online status pages indicates an application has or has not been assigned to a case officer.

We suggest you try to get on with life as per usual, forget about the application for now, and await our next contact with news regarding either a further documents request, or an outcome. Probably easier said than done!

Don't know what to think now! Maybe we were rather naive thinking we were getting close! :-(

Guest mossmac

Hi everyone,

We are STILL waiting for news of our online lodged visa even though we have had a case officer for AGES!

12th July 2007 - Received news from South Australia that they would sponsor our SIR visa.

20th July 2007 - Online visa application received in Australia.

30th October 2007 - Case officer allocated.

20th November - Medicals done. Police checks sent.

18th February - Medical for new baby and my chest x ray done.

Our medicals have been 'bitty' because we had a new baby born in January and so had to have a medical done for him as well as me having a chest x ray which I couldn't have back in November when my medical was done, due to being pregnant at the time.

We are really hoping to get our visa SOON as the sale of our house is nearing completion and we are expecting to have to move out in the next two weeks or so (HELP!). Don't want to have to spend too long at the in-laws waiting around for our visa (Yes, we are assuming that we WILL get our visa!!). Feels like one massive gamble at the moment! Really sympathise for anyone else waiting around for news of their visa. It is horrible the way it puts your life on hold!

Sarah

Guest Lulujim

Hi there -

Can i ask what visa you are going out on? We are applying for a 475 and still waiting to hear back from SA about the sponsorship. Have sent all visa stuff to agent who will lodge it online as soon as SA say 'yes!'! Depressing to see it's all taking so long though :(

We are also in a similar position to you.. I'm pregnant and expecting in May. How old does the baby have to be before they can have their medicals and what does it entail?

Many thanks! Alexis x

Guest mossmac

Hi Alexis,

We have applied for a Class UX Subclass 495 Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa. Don't you just love all that terminology!! Don't be too worried/ daunted by how long it seems to take. The processing times seem to vary a great deal from one application to another.

Our baby boy, born early January had his medical when he was about six weeks old. We would have had his medical done sooner, only we had to first get him a passport before the medical could be done and we could only apply for his passport after getting his birth certificate! The medical for a baby does not involve a great deal. No blood tests or anything nasty like that. They check weight, length, head circumference, hips, look into the eyes and ears and mouth and pretty much all the things they would check for in the hospital, after a baby has been born. The medical can be done any time, as long as baby has their passport.

It was quite funny taking a passport photo of our baby boy who was only three weeks old at the time. We put a white sheet over his bouncy chair and sat him in this whilst we took photos of him with our digital camera. They did come out quite well. Passport Agency are not too overly fussed about photos of newborn babies like they are about photos of adults (ie meeting strict criteria like no smiling). Can't believe that his passport is now valid for five years!!

Good luck with your visa. If you have any other questions, do fire away. Good luck with the birth of your new baby in May. We also have an 18 month old so like us, you will have your hands full over the coming months!!

Sarah

Guest Lulujim

Hi Sarah, Thanks for getting back to me - I am relieved it doesn't mean x-rays/blood tests etc...is it the same sort of thing for toddlers?

I think the 475 visa is the new name for the 495 one! We are going under Business and Information Professional (?) as hubby is a Manager. We are looking into suburbs at the moment which are family friendly, especially as I will be a stay at home and am keen to go to playgroups etc.. Whereabouts are you looking to live?

Are you job-hunting before you go? We're hoping to line up interviews but so far without a visa in hand, agencies won't even consider OH's CV.

Hope you don't mind all my nosey questions - just so pleased to have found another family in nearly exactly the same situation! Alexis x

Guest mossmac

Hi Alexis,

Don't mind you asking questions at all! Likewise, it is nice to know someone else who will have two young children going to Australia.

As far as I am aware, medicals for toddlers are the same as for babies (ie no chest x rays or blood tests). In any case, our daughter was 14 months old when she had her medical last November which did not involve chest x ray or blood tests.

Myself and my partner are both teachers. It will be John, my partner who will be the breadwinner initially as I will stay at home with the children until they reach nursery age. Like you, would be nice to be near a Nursery/ Mums and tots group. John can't apply for any teaching jobs until he has registered as a teacher in South Australia, which can only be done after we get there and can take up to six weeks!

We were looking to go to Adelaide but are now considering Mount Gambier which is half way between Adelaide and Melbourne. The reason being it looks really nice and houses are much cheaper to rent than in Adelaide. There are also quite a few schools there which hopefully between them will have some job vacancies. Where are you looking to settle?

Sarah

Guest Lulujim

Hi,

Thanks so much for the advice with medicals. We had no idea what they entailed, and was too worried to ask!

How frustrating for you with the wait to register as teachers. We are prepared for some time of unemployment, but hope to limit this as it'll eat into our savings quite a bit.

I have never heard of Mount Gambier, but will definitely look into. Thanks for telling me, it's always great to know where other people are heading to , and experiences they are having with different areas etc..

At the moment we are looking into 2 different areas. Mawson Lakes and then some suburbs south of Adelaide like Hallett Cove, Woodfield etc.. It is likely that James' work will take him into the CBD, so anything with good public transport links is a must.

We have recently moved to an area without any playgroups, toddler groups etc and after living near Birmingham with my first daughter, where I had plenty of friends and baby groups to attend, I have realised how important it is to not be out in the sticks!

I posted another thread about Hallett Cove, Woodfield, Happy Valley etc.. to hope to find out more about these suburbs.

When do you hope to emigrate?

Alexis x

Hi Alexis,

Don't mind you asking questions at all! Likewise, it is nice to know someone else who will have two young children going to Australia.

As far as I am aware, medicals for toddlers are the same as for babies (ie no chest x rays or blood tests). In any case, our daughter was 14 months old when she had her medical last November which did not involve chest x ray or blood tests.

Myself and my partner are both teachers. It will be John, my partner who will be the breadwinner initially as I will stay at home with the children until they reach nursery age. Like you, would be nice to be near a Nursery/ Mums and tots group. John can't apply for any teaching jobs until he has registered as a teacher in South Australia, which can only be done after we get there and can take up to six weeks!

We were looking to go to Adelaide but are now considering Mount Gambier which is half way between Adelaide and Melbourne. The reason being it looks really nice and houses are much cheaper to rent than in Adelaide. There are also quite a few schools there which hopefully between them will have some job vacancies. Where are you looking to settle?

Sarah