on line 175 visa application submitted 07/05/08

Guest deborah

Guest deborah

I have just lodged my on line application for a 175 visa which was quite straightforward.

We were then able to download the necessary forms required for health and police checks.

You get a list of what docs are required for each applicant and time scales.

for example, the police check form has to be sent in no later then 28 days following lodgement of the visa as does the defoacto relationship info.

I thought that you didn't get to do this part of the process until you get a case officer!!

Also asking us to book medicals.

We have scanned in a lot of the information they have requested.

I must say that it all appears to be happening too quick. I thought we would have to wait ages before thy requested any docs. The trouble is you don't know what is required until you lodge the visa application and have paid.

I don't know if it is different to paper application as on line it works out your points to advise wheather you are eligible to apply on line or not so is obviously a lot qicker.

Any advice from people who have recently lodged online 175 would be most welcome i.e. when did you do your medicals?

Many thanks,

Deborah:v_SPIN:

Guest Django

We booked our meds and did PCs almost straight away. Not because we were in a rush but because at the time (175s had only just come in) people were getting case officers very quickly. Had we known ours wouldn't be assigned for 5 months we would have waited a bit.

I know they have changed things on there since we did it but we could just upload the receipt to say we had done them as they can take a while to go through the system.

Good luck

Pete

Guest mOZzy

congrats on putting in your application!

the most important step done :D

can't really help with the 'new' system but i thought if you'd booked them (maybe for in a few months time ?!) - the booking confirmation is enough?!?

but you better ask some guys having done the new system :goofy:

hi there,

we lodged our 175 visa on-line to in january think it was a friday? by sunday then e-mailed us(same as you) to get police checks done and medicals so thats what we done went for our meds 2 weeks later and sent for police checks they were ages to arrive.

all our meds have been finalised except for my son hes only got 1 kidney so its not as straight forward as ours:confused:

if i was you i would book meds and send for police checks, hope this helps if you need help just pm me ok xxxxx

Guest jill wright

We applied on line for 475 visa on the 17th April and haven't scanned anything through yet as waiting for various documents nor are we gonna book meds or police checks yet this is because your visa as to be validated from the date of meds or pcs which ever comes quicker. I thought the application just sat there till you were allocated a c o so thought we had quite abit of time to get things together but maybe each visa application is different.

Jill

We submitted our 175 beginning of last Nov (paper application). Payment went out beginning of Jan & not heard a thing since! Our agent advised us not to get our meds & pcs done until we get a CO just in case they get lost in the system. I'll probably book them for about a months time, hopefully by which time we should have one - but I'm not holding my breath!!

Guest deborah
hi there,

we lodged our 175 visa on-line to in january think it was a friday? by sunday then e-mailed us(same as you) to get police checks done and medicals so thats what we done went for our meds 2 weeks later and sent for police checks they were ages to arrive.

all our meds have been finalised except for my son hes only got 1 kidney so its not as straight forward as ours:confused:

if i was you i would book meds and send for police checks, hope this helps if you need help just pm me ok xxxxx

Thanks for that,

Just got the police forms today and booked meds and x ray, but difficult trying to get hem on same day so had to split them.

Our 2 kids have had their fair share of health problems so i expect the medicals won't be straigt forward.

Did you scan all your docs in?

Debs

Thanks for that,

Just got the police forms today and booked meds and x ray, but difficult trying to get hem on same day so had to split them.

Our 2 kids have had their fair share of health problems so i expect the medicals won't be straigt forward.

Did you scan all your docs in?

Debs

they get in touch with your kids consultents at the hospital this too awhile and delayed us about 5/6 weeks and all ours have been finalised as i said except for the little fellas:arghh:

the hubbys been scanning stuff over still got bits to go not done everything yet will let you know how we get on and you can keep me up to date with your meds and that ok debs

suexxx good luck