Sir...help please chasing up the application!!!

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi Guys

I am after some help please!

Getting so piddled off waiting for this dam SIR visa and wondered if somebody could help me work out where we should be up to?

Paper Lodged December 17th 07

Police checks sent off January 08

Medicals sent off May 08

I don't know how much more i can take being in LIMBO like this!!:mad:

I need to know where we are up to!

We are due to exchange contracts on our house sale soon so in theory will be homeless soon and we are trying to secure a rental in oz,kids are due to start back at school in less than 4 weeks now (UK)

Can't book flights!

can't book removals (container)!

There must be somebody dealing with these applications that can give me some idea of where we are up to!

We did go through an agent and i would have thought they could track it down but they just keep telling me to be patient!!!

If he tells me that once small i'm going to "scream"!:arghh:

ANY HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

just feel like saying "sod it" forget the whole thing as it's too stressful!!!:goofy:

Gill

Guest graandjac

:sad:Come on Jill, chin up looking at your time scale you are no further behind than you should be , our agent told us expect your application to take 12-18 months, just look at it a another step in the challenge.....believe me it dosen't even start untill you get here.....patience is whats needed, cheers Graham

Guest Lulujim

Hi Gill,

It's awful isn't it?? Especially with children, removals, house for sale etc.. it's hard to keep optimisitc when it's such a logistical nightmare. Our application was lodged quite a while after yours - and I keep hoping we won't be here for Christmas, but think realistically we will be. We are so ready to go, and it's hard thinking it could be another 6 months :(

I can't really help much with time guidelines etc.. can only really go off the email from DIAC (which as other members on here have said too) might not be that accurate. It says they are currently allocating COs to paper-based applications on 27 Sept. But looking on www.beupdate.co.uk it seems other applications are moving on quicker.

I don't think anyone knows how long it'll take for them to get to their visas, not even the agents. When we first appointed our agent in Dec 2007 she said 3/4 months for a CO, and now is quoting 7-9 months. Please don't give up - you are really close (all meds/checks done etc) and I think you'd regret it. I know when we get to Aus, it'll all seem like small fry, and it'll all be forgotton about, but this is hard to think about right now!

Australia are certainly testing immigrants' patience!! It seems a harder test than the Skills Assessment!!

Keep strong, and remember why you're going x x

Guest cunnah10
:sad:Come on Jill, chin up looking at your time scale you are no further behind than you should be , our agent told us expect your application to take 12-18 months, just look at it a another step in the challenge.....believe me it dosen't even start untill you get here.....patience is whats needed, cheers Graham

Because our agent built our hopes up and for some reason told us we should have the visa all sorted probably by JULY we obviously built ourselves up for this date and started to make plans

so obviously we are bound to be disappointed when it is now August and we have been told by our agent now that the best case if we are lucky we could have it sorted in next 4 weeks but no guarantee and told us could well be well after this!!!

When you have 4 young kids and so many things going on..........selling house..........wondering where you will live until visa comes through...........removals etc......

It just gets on top of you(well it has me) and it becomes very stressful and takes over your whole life!

what i am finding frustrating is that you can't actually track your application down and just be told it will be getting looked at such a such a date or that it won't be looked at for at least "x" amount of weeks!

anyway thanks for your replies

Guest lulu and bailey

i had same prob,you just need to keep on your agents back ...i eventually threatened to pull out!

they give you loads of excuses...medicals lost in post! too many people applying at same time! croc ate the papers....i demanded to speak to my agents manager and had a go at him, but in the end there really isnt anything you can do..i sold the house and ended up having my leaving do 2 months before i actually left! just keep up the pressure x

Guest caoimhe

Hi Gill, I really feel for you. It is so hard not knowing what to do for the best with the kids, we honestly didn't think our's would be going back to school next month but alas that is not the case. :arghh:

Can't remember if you said but do you have a case officer yet? If so can or will your agent ring them.

I think the DIAC forget that it is real people waiting and not just file numbers, we have so much to plan and organise and our lives are left hanging in the air waiting on some stranger to put a stamp on a bit of paper:sad:

I really hope you get some news soon:wubclub:

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill, I really feel for you. It is so hard not knowing what to do for the best with the kids, we honestly didn't think our's would be going back to school next month but alas that is not the case. :arghh:

Can't remember if you said but do you have a case officer yet? If so can or will your agent ring them.

I think the DIAC forget that it is real people waiting and not just file numbers, we have so much to plan and organise and our lives are left hanging in the air waiting on some stranger to put a stamp on a bit of paper:sad:

I really hope you get some news soon:wubclub:

Thanks Jacqui

No case officer yet!

Just had e mail from my agent as i am pestering him nearly every day at the moment and he says it is the worst he has ever known it and has only had one visa granted in the last 3 weeks which is unheard of!

Looks like we will just have to sit tight for now!!

Take Care Jacqui

ayer gill chin up gurl, am going metal meself ad abit of a break down today, sobbed on the bus taking the boys into town!! feel i carnt cope no more meself, thretened david with another divorce again today gill ha ha , said to p**s everything up the wall i want to go back to my lovely house END OF!

doing me head in but theres got to be light at the end of this dark dreary tunnel.

going camping down in torquay for the week for a break and to help me get off this bloody computer checking checking checking every bloody day. good luck babe hope to come back to some good news between us.

suexxx

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Gill,

Sorry not much use to you but things will happen in their own time. We have now been with a decision maker for 13 weeks and really have had enough. We just live in the hope that it will happen one day!!!!!

Go through with the house sale is my recommendation as you may not get another offer!

Good luck

Martin and Val

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill,

Sorry not much use to you but things will happen in their own time. We have now been with a decision maker for 13 weeks and really have had enough. We just live in the hope that it will happen one day!!!!!

Go through with the house sale is my recommendation as you may not get another offer!

Good luck

Martin and Val

Thanks Guys

Yes we realize that we are at least lucky that we have Buyers(and first time buyers at that)

We will exchange contracts as our buyers wish soon and just have to find somewhere to live with the 4 kids until the visa comes through!We do have my parents static caravan so not completely homeless!!!