mount barker area

Guest dunnarunna

Guest dunnarunna

hi all

could anyone give me any info on this area, ive been doing some research & like the look of this area especially macclesfield & kanmantoo. Have heard that mount barker & nairne have alot of houses being built as hubby is a bricklayer we need to move near somewhere where it is likely for him to find work ( they say theres not alot of brickie jobs in sa so most head to perth or brissie), also is the school good there & is there much to do for teenagers.

any info gratefully received

thanks a bunch

donna:cool:

Guest hayls

hi donna, i have just posted all about mount barker on the north or south thread.

i live in m,barker and love it , i have 2 teenage daughters and they attend m,barker high school, which i must say i have heard bad things about , but when i was visiting some primary schools with a friend i asked the head teachers what they thought of m,barker high school as their primary schools fed to this school and they said that it had a bit of trouble years ago but had a real good head now that has turned the school around and i must not let a reputation from years ago proceed it, and i must say my girls are very happy there and have just been on a trip to kangaroo island and had a great time visiting seal bay , remarkable rocks , animal parks holding snakes,koalas and possoms.

There is all sorts in m,barker, do you have boys or girls and are they into sports as they are big on swimming and basket ball.

my girls have a job at the stables just down the road and i cant believe how much they have grown in confidence since getting here as they were pretty quiet shy girls and i used to worry about them,but i think adelaide has been good for them and me he he!!!!

any thing else i can help with pm me, and read my post on the north or south thread.

Guest dunnarunna

thanks for that hayley

i did try to pm you before when i noticed you were in mount barker but your inbox was full, so wouldnt take any messages. just read your other post too, it sounds just what we are looking for, we went to limousin in france last year which is like their lake district & loved it, and we live rural now so want the same in oz. i have a girl 14 & a boy 12 so sounds good for them.

donna

Guest hayls

hi you guys,

thanks , yeh i seem to be busy doing nothing if you know what i mean, but im quite settled, and the girls are too, i have been cleaning hen and duck coops out to day at the stables i go to inexchange for riding its great.

bye for now hayls