VISA 136 skilled independent

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I just wondered if anyone here had any information about this visa. I am trying to judge how long it will be until I can sit on an Aussie beach!

We had our skill assessment back in April after just 10 days and our visa application was received on 22nd May 2006.

We were asked to go for medicals/ police checks on November 21st (received the request on 23rd). We had confirmation that we have a case officer.

We had our meds done 9th November and still waiting for police checks to come back.

We are paying the bond money to gain those elusive 5 points and then we hope to go. Has anyone had any recent activity on this visa class?

Thanks

Libby

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Libby1971

Thanks for information.

We have case officer and the medicals have been done. It has taken for ever to get the police checks but they arrived today so we are posting those off tomorrow.

I am just so wound up over the whole thing. I want to have had the bond request by the end of February or I can't leave until July (school terms and stupid notice periods).

The whole process is starting to get me down and I am so close to just saying forget it!

Guest taylor family

:D Hi libby

Don't let things get at you we sent our police checks first of december so should of had them back by wednesday did not come so gave crb a ring for them to tell me that they had not received our application so that is 40 days waisted so it is looking like may for us I am not very happy but am still focust. And house sail fell through as well on monday but what the hell so just chill and keep a happy face and smooth the lines he he he.

all the best alan and laura. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Libby1971

Hi

This visa is great if you want all of Australia as your oyster so to speak.

We get the points, send off for skills assessment (pay those costs), then put in visa application (pay those costs) and then it depends.

If you met the points total without having to pay money for a government bond, then you don't worry. However, some people like me, are paying about £40 000 or $100 000 to buy a bond for 12 months. At the end of that time, we will get back our original investment and interest. This gives 5 points.

We could only raise that kind of money by selling our house. We paid the bond nearly 2 weeks ago so should be hearing anyday now if we have our visa. I am so sick with nerves/ excitement I can't believe it.

PM me if you want to go into this in more detail.

Libby

• 1 month later...
Guest simtrakyra

Hi Libby,

I don't know what your occupation is, but my husband and I are both administrators that got to Oz on the same visa as you. We used Professionals (not elsewhere classified) as our job on the application form itself as Administrators wasn't on the skilled jobs list we were supplied. From start to finish, it took us almost 2 years before we were granted our visa and that was without any problems and with us meeting all their deadlines. Processing time varies from person to person and depends on what your occupation is (ie if its one in demand).

Good luck and I hope yours doesn't take as long as ours did.

Trace