Statements from Family and Friends

Boxertony

Hi everyone!

I have been requested by my C/O to gain some statements from our family and friends, in providing evidence of our De-facto relationship. If possible please can anyone send me a copy of what you have wrote and especially if it has been accepted as evidence. I have a good idea of what needs to be said, but it would be a great help if I coud see some various statements, expressing evidence etc. For example from a parent, or sister/brother and/or a best friend, etc. Anonyminty and confidentiality will be maintained by me throughtout.

This would be very much appreciated.

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Tony.

The missus and me went through the same thing.

We both had to wright statements stating how long we had known each other, how long we had been together and what our futer plans were.

We submitted evidence of this by old christmas cards, wedding invites, bills, photos dating back 10 years. We got our reletives and friends to write statements saying how long they have known us, how they see us as a couple and where they see our futures going.

Guest Tracijbc

Hi Tony,

We had to go through this also, and we got references from long term mates on both mine and Matt's side and also a letter from his Cousin. All they had to write was how long we had been together and that we were a genuine couple and not together for the purpose of gaining a visa. Mind you, it did get a bit sickly with the whole "they're a great couple and very much in love etc etc...!!!" that we got from one of our mates....made us both laugh!!

Good luck with the rest of your application

Tracy x

Guest ade&emma

As an ex horder I had kept things like old wedding invites and Christmas cards addressed to the two of us which I included. I also included old holiday photo's.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi,

We just recently have had the same problem. Even though we had sent a joint insurance policy, holiday bookings and bills to our address, that ok didn't have joint names on but proof we both had lived at that address for x amount of time, they wanted more so we had to send some pictures and letters from a couple of long term friends.

Which were quite amusing- They are a loving couple and have never parted throughout their relationship etc Where we met, how, when we moved in together, how long they have known us for and how they met us. They haven't asked for anything else and this was about 5 days ago so i'm presuming this was sufficient.

Good luck:)

Jo and Tom x

Guest brandyslad

We sent in car insurance docs, photos, holiday confirmations, wedding invites, we didn't have any joint bills as such, so I sent in bank statements in my name and the BT bill is OHs name. We sent in two stat decs and one statement each from us. The stat decs were only a page long, my statement was 3 pages and OHs was a page.

In the statements we said how we divided finances, were we met, how we saw the relationship developing. Then our friends said how long they had known us, that they had been round at the house, or at events etc with us and we were a genuine couple.

Guest Andrew&Ren

We had to go through the same thing...we sent loads and i would say the more the better to be honest. We had statements from family & friends, photographs dated from when we first met right up to present and also copies of joint bills,contracts etc to prove you have lived together.

Regards the statements its almost like a mini story of how that person knows you both individually and as a couple, things you may have done together...parties,holidays,gigs etc. Make sure each statement has contact details on so if they want to question anything they can do.

Dont worry about it too much...the more you can send the better...we literally asked everyone we know if theyd do one and then chose the best!!:D

Good luck xxxx