Removal From Jurisdiction Court Order

Guest Kevin Quinn

Guest Kevin Quinn

Hi Everyone.

I have read some posts on this subject and I'm hoping some of you that have been through the court experience can help us prepare.

I've one step daughter and her Dad is dead against the idea of us emigrating to Oz. We've had meetings, offered all sorts of compromise from paying flights back to two lots of 6 week visits - but he's digging his heels in.

We're at the stage where we are compiling an application to the Circuit Courts to apply for a Removal From Jurisdiction Order and our barrister has said by no means will this be an easy case! She has asked me to compile a document looking at South Australia, housing, employment prospects, schools, the education system, lifestyle, culture etc in an effort to convince a judge that a future in Australia holds more opportunities than a future in Ireland.

Anyone got any pointers on good information sites - hopefully something that paint the picture that South Australia is a fabulous place to bring up kids and it remains the land of opportunity from schooling to employment??

Kev

Guest Libby1971

By no means an easy task!!!!

A website that you may find of interest is www.adelaidebound.com which is a good starting point.

Have you looked at the Emigrate Magazine. There are a number of articles in there which describe the experiences of people, some in SA, in a number of areas and why they have made the move.

Guest harper210267

Me either. Hope all goes well.

Agent visit 1st May 2009

IELTS application form sent today for June (the only one my hubby can get). A little concerned because visa needs to be lodged before 14th Sept this year. Mind you VET asses will be sent shortley, just awaiting my hubbies copies of his certificate transcripts for his Diploma and MBA, as agent said this needed to be sent.

We have gone for 475 for SA and a 175? for WA.

Guest Suziep

Hi Kev,

I read your thread with interest, I have a 14 year old son who is really looking forward to moving with my partner & I to Adelaide later this year. My ex has thrown a wobbly although he agrees there is not much in the UK to stay for! Its a case of "don't want but can't let you have" as he has no interest in looking after his son if I left him behind, he is basically a control freak. I am in the process of obtaining a Prohibited Steps Order as we have a contact order already in place and I have been advised to really "sell" Adelaide. I have done lots of research i.e. schools, health care, properties etc and have been busy compiling a bible to produce to the court. You can never have too much information and it will look as though you are really serious with the move. If you need any further info please PM me.