Opinions on Hillbank

Guest jakeandshelley

Guest jakeandshelley

Hi,

we (family of 5 , 3 young kids) are hoping to come out at the end of the year. We have kindly been offered to stay with friends of my parents in Hillbank while we look for accomodation, there is a possibility that this could be extended. However I am worried about schools in this area. I would prefer to be by the beach, have been looking at Henley Beach and West Lakes but having just had our house valued for less than we thought our financial situation has changed, like many!!.

Just wondered if anyone had opinions of Hillbank - schools, facilities etc.

Thanks,

Shelley.

Originally known as Elizabeth Heights the suburb is old and tired,neighbours Elizabeth a suburb built with lots of trust houses in the mid 50's primarily as a satellite town for Adelaide and for all the pommy immigrants,sure lots of nice people live in the area,one of the poorer areas it seems to have more than its share of problems.

I don't want to bag the area,an offer of accommodation is a good start for anyone.