Importing a car

Guest Gmulv

Guest Gmulv

Hi all,

Just a quick question for anyone with experience.....

I'm going to be moving to Victor Harbor to work in early Aug (hopefully). I have my car up for sale here, but with the current market it's not shifting. I have the option to leave it with family if it doesnt sell and get it shipped over at a later date. I believe it's worth more in Oz that here and I would quite like to keep it (BMW M3). Does anyone have any experience in this area. i.e how to sort it costings etc??

thanks

Graham

Guest teamV

Look at about 20% less than the advertised prices ,as they will look at it as an import which knocks the price a bit ,there's a few things I could help you with ,give me a pm if you want any advice ,we're just up the road in Kendal ,

Kev.

Guest ztjt2003
Hi all,

Just a quick question for anyone with experience.....

I'm going to be moving to Victor Harbor to work in early Aug (hopefully). I have my car up for sale here, but with the current market it's not shifting. I have the option to leave it with family if it doesnt sell and get it shipped over at a later date. I believe it's worth more in Oz that here and I would quite like to keep it (BMW M3). Does anyone have any experience in this area. i.e how to sort it costings etc??

thanks

Graham

Hi

I posted a similar question on the poms in oz forum under the migration/transport and shipping forum. there is a sticky post telling you everything you need to know about shipping a car by Ironchef. If you post him some details about your car he tells you whether it is worth shipping it over. have a look, I found it really helpful. It gives you an idea of the cost with duty etc. Good luck!