Electrical License

Guest carolyn

Guest carolyn

Husband needs to get a statuory Declaration done for previous employment in U.K for TRA to obtain an Electrical License.

Has anyboby else had to do this and if so do they have any details of what is needed to be done ?

Many thanks

Carolyn.

Guest LynseyB

Hi,

Haven't done it for this purpose but I did do a statutory declaration. See the template I found on another forum below. Hope this helps!

Statutory Declaration

I, [First Name] [Surname] of [Address] do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

I was employed / have been self-employed as a [ job title(s) ] by [Company Name] between DD/MM/YYYY and DD/MM/YYYY.

[for Stat Decs regarding employment] I cannot obtain a reference from [Company Name] as they have stopped trading/they have not kept any records regarding my employment.

During my period of employment / self-employment with / trading as [Company Name] I would perform the following tasks and duties on a day to day basis:

[give details in bullet point format]

I used the following tools and equipment:

[give list]

I make this solemn declaration believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835

Signed: [your signature]

Declared at: [Solicitors Address]

On this [Day] Day of [Month/Year]

Before me,

[solicitors signature]

[Solicitor’s Name, Occupation, Address]

Hi,

I am a sparkie and have got my ARTC from the TRA.

The template above is spot on but make sure your other half goes into detail on the types of works and installations he has done.

On the TRAs website it says an Australian sparkie should be able to do the following -

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;

planning independently the method and order of doing a job;

using measuring instruments correctly;

marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;

selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;

making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;

performing trade work independently; and

checking and/or testing work against established standards.

You must also demonstrate that you have sufficient theoretical or underpinning knowledge of the trade.

Use these exact words as headers and give examples as to how you achive these in you daily and weekly works.

I also sent in a sample job from start to finish with photos showing how i achieved all of the above in a single job.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gabriel

Hi Bacons

My oh is just started to fill in his ARTC application. With regards to certificates - does he need to get them copied & then certified by a solicitor or are colour copies acceptable without being certified?

thanks

Trudy

Hi Bacons

My oh is just started to fill in his ARTC application. With regards to certificates - does he need to get them copied & then certified by a solicitor or are colour copies acceptable without being certified?

thanks

Trudy

Hi, you need to send in certified copies as per the TRA guidelines.