Hello we are the terry's !

Guest the terry's

Guest the terry's

Hi to everyone who reads this, quick rundown as to who we are. We are a family of six, 4 kids oldest 17 youngest nearly 1 ! Hubby plumber but we own a property maintenance business of which i'm a partner, just put in for the TRA to hopefully get in before 1/9/07. Would really like to chat to others like us as we want to know everything the good, the bad and the darnright ugly bits of moving to Adelaide. Would anyone like to chat on MSN ?

Guest sarah_clancy

hey i see ur near reading...........we are from farnborough if u heard of it!!

welcome too the site...you will find it really interesting and find out a lot of questions you have been waiting to be answered!!!

how does everyone feel about the big move?

we are hopeing too be out there by september...cannot wait!!!

Guest Django

Welcome to the gang.

On MSN quite a bit along with a fair few other PIAers. Feel free to add me to your list and I will introduce you to a few other wannabe Adelaiders. :) Will be on MSN tomorrow evening. Haven't been on much recently due to family matters but kinda back to normal now. ;)

Speak soon

Pete

Guest sarah_clancy

yeah thats the best thing too do,....then you can get him workin his lil butt off in Oz lol

whats every1 guna work as then?

Have you been to Adelaide before??

What are your reasons for leaving the UK?? (im sure much the same as everyone....but u never kno!)

Guest Guest75
Hi to everyone who reads this' date=' quick rundown as to who we are. We are a family of six, 4 kids oldest 17 youngest nearly 1 ! Hubby plumber but we own a property maintenance business of which i'm a partner, just put in for the TRA to hopefully get in before 1/9/07. Would really like to chat to others like us as we want to know everything the good, the bad and the darnright ugly bits of moving to Adelaide. Would anyone like to chat on MSN ?[/quote']

Hiya and welcome to PIA.

Have a good nosey around the forum,it has loads of info.

Not an MSN'er I'm afraid :(

Does this forum have a chat room????

Good luck on your journey here:)

Guest sarah_clancy

Yup my big bruv..........he's being selfish hes adiment that hes staying here, it's been dads dream for years too go live in Oz with out other family, well he moved out into his new flat about 3/4 months ago now, hes quite settle....loving all the bills coming thru the door! But he seems too think more about his friends&girlfriend then he does his family. Mum and Dad are obviously sad too be leaving him behind, as am I but hes got his visa....and we activated them last year...its down too him really, he cant run back too mum and dad when things go wrong now. but hey hes cumin 2 visit next sept!!

Guest the terry's

hubby is a plumber, we own a property maintenance business of which i'm a partner, but hubby would like to do what he's doing he he doesn't want to do just plumbing though, gets a bit bored doing the same thing ! No never been to Oz let alone Adelaide but cant wait. Why do we want to go - weather, good job prospects for all the kids mainly, to have a low or none existent mortgage, get more bedrooms as we've just increased our family by one, a little girl who'll be 1 next month, the list is endless. You?

Guest the terry's

Have to go now little girl needs her Mum, would love to speak to everyone tomorrow, thanks for talking to me sarah and everybody else, speak soon bye.

Guest Rob & Shaz

Hi Guys,

Welcome to PIA, you should find the answers to most of your questions on here, just ask, were all in the same boat.

Good luck with your TRA app, as a plumber you shouldn't have any problems, just give them as much info as you can.

Good luck.

Rob & Shaz

Guest sarah_clancy

Awww how lovely, Adelaide is really for children... i mean my cousens moved a few years ago now there only young but they love it!

I'm sure doing the same thing all the time does get a bit tedious!!!

So will you set up ur own business over there?

Ur so brave moving to a country you never been to before, but im sure that you will have no regrets!!!

Well we have family over there, that have emmigrated over the years, for a better life.

Nicer house....Bigger...mayb a pool :o)

the weather....

the people...they are so nice and friendly, its unreal! Because they are so unlike the people you get in this country!

And the opportunities that are out in australia...for example, gettin a morgage, at the age of 18 thats impossible over here!!

So is it only your son thats not happy about moving???

Guest mOZzy

hello the terry's and welcome!

at the time you were chatting yesterday i was loooooong in bed :confused:

and i realised you are not far from us either! we are in bracknell ;)

will chat to you later. we are off to go and see mil (:cool:) - so need to pack a few more things!

Guest theshearers

Hi Guys

Welcome to PIA. Am sure you will find the site really useful. We're quite a helpful bunch on here!

I am quite often on MSN so will hopefully catch you on there.

BTW, we used to live in Arborfield in Reading and I used to work up the road from you in Thatcham!! Hope you have been too affected by the dreadful flooding this weekend!!

Speak soon

Vicki

Guest sarah_clancy

thats so strange how everyone lives so close...

my brother works in arborfield garrison and brackell isnt too far..im sure thats wher coral reef is yeh?

what area of adelaide is everyone hoping too move too??x

Guest mOZzy

yes sarah, coral reef is here!

what area? that's a very tough question. i guess we can only answer that once we are actually there. i do quite fancy northeast though ;)

i thought we might start off somewhere along the beach (so glenelg, brighton) for the beginning and do lots of driving around ...

a tricky question :confused:

Guest sarah_clancy

I like coral reef....not as gd as guildford spectrum tho haha :)

Yeah Glenelg is a lovely place....quite pricey tho i wud of thought.

We are lookin at Henley Beach, Underdale, Fulham Gardens, Seaton area...

As thats where our family are :o)

So when are you goin 2 b out there by??

Guest the terry's

Many thanks to everyone who has written to us, oh my god this is great everyone lives so near to each other we could be bumping into each in the street!!!! Have a quick question for you all, would you consider moving to OZ if you could not get a permanant visa, you know, full points on your application etc, or would you still consider it if you could only get a provisional/state sponsored ? Has anyone had a provisional and after the 2 years been told they are no longer wanted and have to come home. Hubby is not sure he wants to go if we only get the provisional incase we cannot stay after the two years are up. Any comments :confused:

Guest soggy
Many thanks to everyone who has written to us' date=' oh my god this is great everyone lives so near to each other we could be bumping into each in the street!!!! Have a quick question for you all, would you consider moving to OZ if you could not get a permanant visa, you know, full points on your application etc, or would you still consider it if you could only get a provisional/state sponsored ? Has anyone had a provisional and after the 2 years been told they are no longer wanted and have to come home. Hubby is not sure he wants to go if we only get the provisional incase we cannot stay after the two years are up. Any comments :confused:[/quote']

Hi, I live a long way from you but I was working in Shinfield today just down the road, I love long van jorneys:rolleyes:. I am applying for SIR 495 visa, it is a 3 year visa that allows you to get PR after 2 years providing you have worked for one and stayed regional, as I understand things there wont be a problem with PR if you meet the conditons, spending between 20 and 25 hours a week driving to and from work in my own time is just one of the many reasons im going to take the chance.

Simon

Guest theshearers
Hi, I live a long way from you but I was working in Shinfield today

I remember Shinfield - I used to use the garage all the time there to fill my car up!!! Dont think there is much else there is there????

With regards to the visa, we are also going on the SIR495 and like others have said, provided we meet the criteria then PR shouldnt be too much of a problem when the 3 years is up!

I think there are quite a few on here going on SIR.

Vicki